No announcement yet.

AMD Reportedly Planning Big Driver Update For November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like AMD to finish and fix up their support for OpenGL 4.5.
    Currently their beta lists GLSL 4.4 while the newest version is 4.5 and all the OpenGL 4.5 extensions are already implemented, supported.
    http://www.geeks3d.com/20151012/amd-...hql-available/

Comment

Crossfire support, maybe? Nah, I'm just kidding - that's never happening on Linux )).

Comment

Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
        Crossfire support, maybe? Nah, I'm just kidding - that's never happening on Linux )).
        You should ask about EMA, CF and SLI are obsolete

DX12 benchmark shows AMD and Nvidia cards performing in harmony
        Last edited by dungeon; 28 October 2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
          None of the Steam machines have AMD graphics. There's one with Intel Iris Pro and the rest all Nvidia. AMD didn't give Valve any choice in the matter sadly, despite a few years notice...
          Strictly speaking, that's not entirely accurate. Gigabyte's brix has a couple models with AMD graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
            another empty promisse by amd like in last years
            How does a rumor on a random web site become a promise by AMD ?
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

How does a rumor on a random web site become a promise by AMD ?
              Welcome to the internet.

Comment

Although I'm an "Nvidia Guy", I have an ATi-based backup. Any improvement to the abysmal flgx driver is more than welcome.

Comment

I heard that AMD will be contracting Nvidia to write their drivers for them... Finally you?ll be able to buy a top end AMD card and have it usable at its full potential on release date!

Comment

> This has basically the same effect as the xserver patch you posted yesterday, right?
                    Yes, they are for the same issue. For existing distros/xservers without the xserver patch I posted, we need to fix this issue from driver side.

> [0] BTW, what's your test-case for this?
                    It is a simple vulkan test application with PresentOptionAsync option specified, in which case we don't need to wait for the vblank.
                    Regards, Jammy

Comment

Originally posted by teeedubb View Post
                      I heard that AMD will be contracting Nvidia to write their drivers for them... Finally you’ll be able to buy a top end AMD card and have it usable at its full potential on release date!
                      But suddenly all open source drivers do not work anymore because they are not allowed to use the firmware blobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X