Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edoantonioco
    replied
    and still are like 60% of the performance than I get on windows. It's a shame that it is still so far away, and it's not likely to improve (I hope to be wrong).
    Originally posted by Temar View Post
    I agree, very interesting article, but where do you see progress in these charts? Looks more like stagnation to me.
    True, I though the same.
    Last edited by edoantonioco; 11 September 2015, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I think "progress" here means adding new features and support for new GL levels (without impacting performance of existing functionality).

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    Originally posted by kwagga View Post
    Great review and to see how the drivers have been progressing over the last several years.
    I agree, very interesting article, but where do you see progress in these charts? Looks more like stagnation to me.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Thanks Michael, this was a pretty good test.

Leave a comment:

• kwagga
    replied
    Hi Michael,

Great review and to see how the drivers have been progressing over the last several years.

Leave a comment:

• chithanh
    replied
    I think the 6870 (BARTS) has been supported very well since early on, that is why the performance doesn't change much in later releases.
    If you had tested with a 6950/6970 (CAYMAN) the results might have been different.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic AMD Radeon R600 Gallium3D Performance Over The Past Two Years

AMD Radeon R600 Gallium3D Performance Over The Past Two Years

Phoronix: AMD Radeon R600 Gallium3D Performance Over The Past Two Years

Today's Linux benchmarking is looking at the performance of the open-source Radeon R600g Gallium3D driver for pre-GCN GPUs over the past two years. A Radeon HD 6870 was used while testing all of the Ubuntu Linux releases going back to Ubuntu 13.04, plus the latest Git code as well.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=22139
Working...
X