Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Linux Graphics: The Latest Open-Source RadeonSI Driver Moves On To Smacking Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siavashserver
    Wow, it's unbelievable It would be great if AMD could send Michael a R9 380 though (285 vs. 380)

Don't worry, I'm sure somebody is working on it. (David Airlie?^^ )
    I believe that Glenn Kennard is also working on r600g improvements as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

I believe that Glenn Kennard is also working on r600g improvements as well.
      I'm pretty sure Glenn is working on the tessellation support, not sure about fp64. That might wait until Intel gets their soft float code into place - i'm not sure if they'd want to piggy back off that or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
        Meanwhile in R600 land...users are still stuck with OpenGL 3.3
        The limit of the hardware is OpenGL 4.1 so that is pretty fitting for current Mesa. Hope it comes soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
          The limit of the hardware is OpenGL 4.1 so that is pretty fitting for current Mesa. Hope it comes soon.
          What features above 4.1 is emulated by Catalyst when it advertise 4.4 core support and 4.5 compatibility support on Evergreen?

Comment

Originally posted by spstarr View Post
            None of this surprises me, and that is why I continue to use git master mesa/LLVM trunk for the foreseeable future, you should too
            What distribution are you using? I have an R9 270, I don't mind riding the bleeding edge but only if installing it and staying up to date isn't too much work.

Comment

R600 can only do OpenGL 3.3.
              Evergreen can do OpenGL 4.5.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                R600 can only do OpenGL 3.3.
                Evergreen can do OpenGL 4.5.
                dx10 like 4850/70
                only supports opengl 3.3
                dx11 cards 5000 and 6000 hd series opengl 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post

I've tried CoH2 on the RadeonSI driver (7970 card, mesa 10.6). The performance is atrocious at around 6-15 fps mostly on default settings (I don't actually know what the default settings are though). It crashed frequently for me too.
                  I tested CoH2 with R600g, Mesa 10.6.4, Kernel 4.1.6 (Slackware64-current + multilib).

Game NEVER crashed a single time.

...but there was in the skirmish mission some terrain minor incorrect textures (kinda snow effect where was NOT supposed to be and terrain clearly was marked divided in big square sectors, it was noticeable because "snow" effect.

Performance at 1024x768 with a A-5400K OC to 4GHz, iGPU OC to 950MHz, RAM at 2133MHz and everything downvolted was quite decent.

But in the end i didn't bought game....the small "snow" effect issue, plus the political correctness BS of incorrect flags both for Germans and even for Soviets really pissed me off...that and also RELIC used incorrect symbols in vehicles for BOTH sides, reuse of english spoken voices of German of first game now applied to Soviet side (!!!!!), and Relic/SEGA DLC and in special, in game, micro-transactions really made me not buy it for now...maybe will buy when there's more free mods to correct game.
                  (There's already some skins for infantry and vehicles and at least some of the stupid flags can be disabled by...deleting files )

As for CoH franchise , i will continue play the original title via WINE 1.7.50, all DLLs buildin, now w/ Kernel 4.2.0 and performance is fantastic at 1024x768 and lots of settings max'ed

No graphical glitches or crashes either.

Comment

Will it possible to post a test with V-Sync enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

dx10 like 4850/70
                      only supports opengl 3.3
                      dx11 cards 5000 and 6000 hd series opengl 4.5
                      ...and AMD Trinity APU's (Ax-5x00K) support Dx11 & OpenGL 4.2....so yeah, i hope that we have OpenGL support up to 4.2 for them...A6-5400K is dirty cheap and properly OC can play very well now with OSS with up to 1280x720...and even more if you can do custom resolutions for some games like 960x540

PS: Kernel compiled with my own preferred settings
                      Last edited by AJSB; 01 September 2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X