Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMDGPU, HEVC Support & More Added To Mainline Mesa 11.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMDGPU, HEVC Support & More Added To Mainline Mesa 11.0

    Phoronix: AMDGPU, HEVC Support & More Added To Mainline Mesa 11.0

    Just after writing this morning about libdrm 2.4.63 being released and that it's needed for the AMDGPU Mesa support to land, the code indeed is now in mainline! There's the mainline support going into Mesa 11.0 for supporting the hardware via the AMDGPU DRM driver -- Tonga, Carrizo, Fiji, and future new hardware. There's also now HEVC video decode support on capable hardware via the VDPAU state tracker and other improvements related to this AMDGPU code push...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...esa-11.0-Lands

  • #2
    what was the addrilib again and why is it necessary? (for not so much involved people)

    Comment


    • #3
      addrlib is used to calculate the proper buffer alignment requirements for tiling and various hardware blocks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wot... no ES3.1 support from Intel? They must be saving it for a Christmas present...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          addrlib is used to calculate the proper buffer alignment requirements for tiling and various hardware blocks.
          is my imagination or it seems addrlib is at least partially used on radeonsi and r600g? or is just pipe work for amdgpu?

          Comment


          • #6
            how come it wasnt there before? when will it be beneficial or required? is it AMDGPU specific? I mean its quite large after all. is it some kind of preprocessing?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

              is my imagination or it seems addrlib is at least partially used on radeonsi and r600g? or is just pipe work for amdgpu?
              You seem confused. radeonsi is the userspace part of the open-source AMDGPU stack.

              Comment


              • #8
                Cool, all mainlined

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post

                  You seem confused. radeonsi is the userspace part of the open-source AMDGPU stack.
                  yeap that is right, i meant r800 class hardware. some of the patches seem to enable certain usage outside r800 class hardware, that is my doubt

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Congratulations to all AMD devs for this achievement!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X