Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Gallium3D Tackles A Bit More, OpenGL 4.1 Patches Pending

Phoronix: Radeon Gallium3D Tackles A Bit More, OpenGL 4.1 Patches Pending

Recently, each day has been yielding a bit more of OpenGL 4.x support within Mesa/Gallium3D. The latest patches position the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver for enabling OpenGL 4.1 compliance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking good now i cross my fingers for r600 to catch up.
    Last edited by Nille_kungen; 28 July 2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
      Looking good now i cross my fingers for r600 to catch up.
      EG/NI might catch up as only those support 4.x features in hardware, but also not all of them only high end ones support fp64.

I dunno really, who dare to include doubles in 4.0 core specs

Comment

The mesamatrix hyperlink is www.mesamatrix.net, that doesn't exist. Should be just mesamatrix.net

Comment

Who is it that invest so much time into the Nouveau drivers and why? Nvidia being so linux unfriendly and all... Why not divert the ressouces towards the friendlier red and blue teams and make that experience awesome instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
            Who is it that invest so much time into the Nouveau drivers and why? Nvidia being so linux unfriendly and all... Why not divert the ressouces towards the friendlier red and blue teams and make that experience awesome instead?
            I've been doing a lot of the nouveau 3d driver work for the past year or two. It's fun. I learn a lot about OpenGL, 3d hardware, compilers, writing drivers, etc. As a volunteer, it's a lot easier to contribute to nouveau than to the other drivers, since they have professional teams backing them. It'd be hard to catch up, they've already covered most of the useful features, etc. [And more specifically, radeonsi uses llvm which I find annoying, and intel hw is *bananas*... but those are personal biases. I could see contributing to r600g, but don't have the hw, and nouveau keeps me plenty busy.]

Comment

Ok, fair enough :-) Everybody scratch their own itch. However I would guess there would be some really substantial contribution to Nouveau since it can reach 4.1 compliance ahead of both AMD and Intel, that have several full time employees working on the same problem.

If Nouveau does not use llvm, how is the shader compiler made then?

Comment

Originally posted by Edupop View Post
                The mesamatrix hyperlink is www.mesamatrix.net, that doesn't exist. Should be just mesamatrix.net
                I'm fixing the problem right now, but it would need a few hours for the data to be shared accross the DNSes.

Comment

Interesting notes about radeonsi:
                  • it just overtook r600 and is now 4th in the leaderboard
                  • it's full featured for OpenGL 4.1 (but not 4.0 yet)
                  • just 5 more extensions and it surpasses both i965 and nvc0!

Comment

4.1 this week, yeah!
                    Thanks to everyone that made this feasible!

Comment

Working...
                    X