Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiwake View Post

Was poking around and found this http://www.patentcountdown.org/
    Donno who owns the domain, cause it would be nice to have a lookup/submit feature for other patents. Right now it seems to be hard-coded in for the S3TC patent.
    I have too many projects/ideas I want to work on and not enough time for them. That's my website

The idea was to list patents that impact FOSS projects. Such as the mp3 patents, the ClearType font patents, etc however I don't think I'll ever have time to finish this website. If someone wants to help out just let me know and we can make it happen.

Edit: Also the website says we because I did have someone offer to help get this up and running but they disappeared.
    Last edited by tarceri; 26 July 2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

I have too many projects/ideas I want to work on and not enough time for them. That's my website

The idea was to list patents that impact FOSS projects. Such as the mp3 patents, the ClearType font patents, etc however I don't think I'll ever have time to finish this website. If someone wants to help out just let me know and we can make it happen.

Edit: Also the website says we because I did have someone offer to help get this up and running but they disappeared.
      It's a really good idea. Thank you and I hope someone steps up.

Comment

Originally posted by faph View Post
        This Envy looks indeed nice, also the very first AMD notebook I encountered with backlit keyboard, but:
        "Display: 15.6-inch diagonal HD WLED-backlit Display (1366x768)"...
        Really? How can you not sell laptop with full HD resolution in 2015???

I'm not aware of any other Carrizo notebooks - sadly...
        They seem to be just starting to appear now, one country at a time. Denmark and Germany were the first IIRC.

Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
          I would like to see Vulkan take off and not end up like Direct3D10 and 11. Those two were a failure. Not many game companies cared about their existence. It's always difficult to tell if a future API will succeed. Game companies hold all the cards, I'm afraid.
          They Use the apis with the widest adoption and Tools. A long time Windows XP was one Target for companies, so they are forced to use D3D9. But since time now we see much more D3D10+ Titles. Kodi switch currently from d3d9 to d3d11 (feature level 9) on windows.

And i get a SDK much much easier for D3D as for vendorgl.

BTW: Many titles are already announces that they support D3D12 soon and engines like the cryengine or unity already support it.
          Last edited by Nille; 28 July 2015, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            They seem to be just starting to appear now, one country at a time. Denmark and Germany were the first IIRC.
            Bridgman most APU Devices in the last years have different problems. Most they to expensive for what they can do or they come with bad displays, touchpads, batteryruntimes, sizes. Sometimes you had the feeling the OEMs what to kill AMD slowly.

Comment

Yep, I had a really hard time buying a decent Kaveri laptop last year. Either $500 with 1366x768 and 2 4GB sticks or $1800 with nice display, SSD and ONE stick of memory.

Now that Carrizo is launching I'm pleased to say that nice, reasonably priced Kaveri laptops are finally appearing in Canada
              Last edited by bridgman; 27 July 2015, 09:39 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

Working...
              X