X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancurio
    replied
    Originally posted by tarceri View Post
    I'm looking forward to being able to swap out/in the Mesa and the closed source Catalyst OpenGL implementations once the shared dispatch infrastructure is finally finished....and then for AMD to realise they could use Mesa on Windows too and reassign their fabled 100s of OpenGL devs.

One can dream right.
    Thanks for your continued work on AoA!

Leave a comment:

• gukin
    replied
    It's been such fun watching the evolution of he Radeon, then the Radeon SI drivers, and the even the evolution and advancement of the Catalyst driver. I can remember hitting an extra backspace in an xterm and waiting a very long time for "vbell" to fill my screen with white then go back to black . . . Happily, that didn't last and I've gotten to buy some pretty mundane hardware, a Radeon 5600 and some pretty exciting hardware, a Kavari 7850 and watch the Radeon and Radeon SI drivers steadily improve and sometimes beat the Catalyst drivers. I still read posts by bitter individuals who grump about old Catalyst drivers and how they'll never go back. To them, if it's that important, don't risk anything, stick with Windows and nVidia drivers for all your important work. For the rest of us who enjoy the journey, patience is a virtue and just considering how far the Radeon SI team has come in a year is mind boggling.

Well done chaps, I'll keep buying what you fellas are working on: upcoming a Skylake gaming system and a Carrizo laptop because I enjoy watching talented people achieve things.

Leave a comment:

• tarceri
    replied
    I'm looking forward to being able to swap out/in the Mesa and the closed source Catalyst OpenGL implementations once the shared dispatch infrastructure is finally finished....and then for AMD to realise they could use Mesa on Windows too and reassign their fabled 100s of OpenGL devs.

One can dream right.

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    I read phoronix since Ivy Bridge launch, the most memorable moment of R600/RadeonSI was when AMD released the DPM for RadeonSI and when (IIRC) Marek Olsak fixed a bug that the graphic card was not correctly utilized, and suddenly RadeonSI performs as good as R600

Leave a comment:

• twriter
    replied
    To my team, awesome work! You're top notch.

To the open source graphics community of developers, enthusiasts, and users, thank-you for your help and encouragement.

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    I haven't bothered to check yet, but is there GPU switching on open drivers yet? I'm driving an i7+7670 Radeon.

Leave a comment:

• How Far The Radeon Gallium3D Driver Has Come In Five Years

Phoronix: How Far The Radeon Gallium3D Driver Has Come In Five Years

The news today of OpenGL 4 finally being accomplished in Mesa/Gallium3D is quite ironic and memorable as this day five years ago was when the R600 Gallium3D driver reached the milestone of being able to run glxgears on AMD hardware...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ears-Gears-GL4
Working...
X