No announcement yet.

I Gave Up Waiting On The Water-Cooled Radeon R9 Fury X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mention that as joke, guessin' people knows that... i based my conclusion on Windows reviews for now... so i don't have what to say about Linux for now, because well there is no linux driver for Fury yet

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    but currently only full hardware decoders are supported via VDPAU (right now only GTX 960).
    You should also mention that... that support currently does not work with any app.
    Last edited by dungeon; 01 July 2015, 07:11 AM.

Comment

It's always the same with AMD.
      * Announce the product and delay the release 4 times.
      * After "release" you have to wait 3 month until there are actually 2 or 3 resellers who do sell it.
      * The product with great price costs 10-20% more than in theory unless you don't want to wait 3+ month more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
        It's always the same with AMD.
        * Announce the product and delay the release 4 times.
        * After "release" you have to wait 3 month until there are actually 2 or 3 resellers who do sell it.
        * The product with great price costs 10-20% more than in theory unless you don't want to wait 3+ month more.
        I would like to say 'sometimes' happens, as anything from 3xx series one can buy without any delay worldwide no problem.

Intel's desktop C CPUs (those with Iris PRO graphics) was reviewed month ago .. but still i don't see it anywhere to buy
        Last edited by dungeon; 01 July 2015, 07:39 AM.

Comment

This is the most asinine post I've seen on Phoronix in some time. Seriously guys are you all 5 years old with no self Controls? It has been a week or since release, for a product bringing such advanced features to mass production it is pretty much expected that there will be a ramp up period. It's the nature of beast. Frankly there are very few things, debuting new technology, that I rush out and buy. In the end you pay too much and don't get a chance to digest reviews and driver issues. Now at times I've gotten bloody on bleeding edge hardware, it happens, but I don't go whining about it all over the web. Generally new tech products take awhile to settle down, if you don't understand that why involve your self in tech?

Comment

You can get it here: http://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=3205892

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
              I was hoping that the new Rx 360-380 series will be atleast 3x faster than the 4890 performance wise. No upgrades for me this year

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-380-vs-Radeon-HD-4890
              Why do you think R9 380 is not 3+ times faster in term of raw power? To me it seems that is the case

If you believe gpuboss numbers, what about those passmark ones?

Video Card Benchmarks - Over 200,000 Video Cards and 900 Models Benchmarked and compared in graph form - This page is an alphabetical listing of video card models we have obtained benchmark information for.
              Last edited by dungeon; 01 July 2015, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                ...for a product bringing such advanced features to mass production it is pretty much expected that there will be a ramp up period...
                In my book, it's expected they ramp things up before announcing availability. Of course, companies don't care much about your or my expectations and they do as they see fit.

Comment

@dungeon

Some HVEC media might not work but as soon as you have it in ffmpeg usually you can use ffplay. I just don't have got the card to try.

Comment

dungeon Not gonna believe it until Michael publishes some evidence By any chance do you own a R9 380? so we can run the same benchmark (Tesseract game) and compare the cards? Most of the benchmarks out there are using DX11 titles.

New card (Rx 360-380) must have enough muscle to run modern games at 120-140fps and 1080p resolution with AA and SSAO set to off; that's my requirement.
                    Well you shouldn't believe only gpuboss metrics, those does not tell you whole story... Let say compare passmark results - those are usually fine metrics on average between cards when there are enough results

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gp...Radeon+HD+4890
                    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gp...2F+380&id=3116

Comment

dungeon Not gonna believe it until Michael publishes some evidence By any chance do you own a R9 380? so we can run the same benchmark (Tesseract game) and compare the cards? Most of the benchmarks out there are using DX11 titles.
                      Don't have those cards, but can we use those random choosen ones for 285 to conclude something? Let guess you have 60 fps on 4890, because 4870 is at 50 Of course those are radeon vs fglrx, but also some pre omega driver used and 380 should be also a bit faster... something more if not much more then 200 fps in that test i guess is expected:

http://openbenchmarking.org/prospect...fb14724e2017e4
                      http://openbenchmarking.org/prospect...fb14724e2017e4
                      Last edited by dungeon; 01 July 2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X