Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets New OpenGL 4 Bits

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets New OpenGL 4 Bits

David Airlie landed some of the OpenGL 4.x code he's been playing with for AMD's RadeonSI Gallium3D driver on the HD 7000 series GPUs and newer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks David Airlie, more extensions ticked of for RadeonSI.

Comment

The GL_ARB_viewport_array extension was used by Source 2 without checking first if it was available. Valve had to patch it in purpose in the lastest update, to get Mesa working.

Comment

Yeah, I bet Linux game devs are getting inpatient with Mesa not having OpenGL 4.x yet. So it's a good thing we're almost there.

Comment

I'm still surprised that while AMD usually says people should use the open drivers whenever possible, they refuse to jump in and help finish up those few remaining extensions. They could probably do it in a few days if they wanted to judging from how fast this kind of stuff can appear in Catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            I'm still surprised that while AMD usually says people should use the open drivers whenever possible, they refuse to jump in and help finish up those few remaining extensions.
            Yeah, it's just awful... I mean it's been over a week since the last contribution...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...I-Tessellation

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            they refuse to jump in and help finish up those few remaining extensions. They could probably do it in a few days if they wanted to ...
            o^O
            Last edited by bridgman; 27 June 2015, 01:50 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

o^O
              an ascii implementation of mindblown! o^O

Comment

why david arlie is working in radeonSI? why not the amd devs?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                  AMD devs are busy applying for jobs at nvidia, imagination technologies and samsung.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                    They are. And so is he. David Arlie is the DRM maintainer so it makes sense that he would also have interest in mesa too.

Comment

Working...
                    X