Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next AMD Catalyst Linux Update Appears To Have OpenGL 4.5

Phoronix: Next AMD Catalyst Linux Update Appears To Have OpenGL 4.5

While OpenGL 4.5 has been out since last August, it appears the next AMD Catalyst driver update will finally bring official support for OpenGL 4.5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

so just a bit less than year later?
    iirc nvidia had the same day special driver release.. not that it matters too much ofc.. i dont think there are any games that use 4.5 features yet.

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
      so just a bit less than year later?
      iirc nvidia had the same day special driver release.. not that it matters too much ofc.. i dont think there are any games that use 4.5 features yet.

maybe now they improve the performance, since they don?t nothing more to do in opengl

Comment

I hope this driver will not be limited to the Fiji cards (at first).
        IIRC this happened before.

Comment

some of the new gpu's are out in 2 days time, the others are out on the 24th so not long to wait..
          Last edited by hajj_3; 16 June 2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

maybe now they improve the performance, since they don?t nothing more to do in opengl
            And fix bugs!

Comment

Seeing how much of the new line is rebrands, I certainly hope the 2** also get improved performance from the upcoming Catalyst. 15.5 was very underwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
                Seeing how much of the new line is rebrands, I certainly hope the 2** also get improved performance from the upcoming Catalyst. 15.5 was very underwhelming.
                Honestly, I'd be fine if they just version bumped stuff to show, "Hey, we're here, and while this doesn't have new features we know it works with the latest OS' updates!"

Comment

*shrug* fglrx/Catalyst is completely dead to me and a lot of other Radeon owners. Let us know when the open drivers get OpenGL 4.x. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    Let us know when the open drivers get OpenGL 4.x. Thanks.
                    It's should be available soon. Tessellation is ready for RadeonSI.
                    There is still "GL_ARB_shader_subroutine", but almost nobody really use this one so it's more like a formality.

Comment

Working...
                    X