X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vighy
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    THe CS branch is basically a clean up and reorganization of the command submission code that was inherited from radeon. It's not specific to any particular chip.
    will radeon merge it back?

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    THe CS branch is basically a clean up and reorganization of the command submission code that was inherited from radeon. It's not specific to any particular chip.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    At least there will be some R6xx/R7xx support already at the time the documents are being released. The CS-branch of RadeonHD looks like it'll be merged to master anytime now, too (can you comment on that one, bridgman?).

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I think chances are good that this will be the one, but I don't want to sound too confident and jinx things. We've been a couple of weeks away for quite some time now

Leave a comment:

• Vighy
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    The first two passes through IP review for 6xx/7xx documentation failed. I can't really go into the details because that would kinda defeat the purpose of keeping some stuff secret, but potential risks were raised which we did not have answers for at the time.

I believe we have worked through all of those issues now and I am going to kick off another review pass this week.
    so... let's just hope.. right? or you think it will be possible that this time it will be ok?

Leave a comment:

• lucky_
    replied
    Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
    That's hard to predict. Depends on the issues, and whether, for example, there are things like third-party interests involved.

Some of these things can take a long time only to find they can't be fixed, especially where there is third-party involvement. I was involved in one where negotiations went on for a year before the other side decided they didn't want to play, during which our own project was on largely on hold pending resolution.

They offered an NDA that would have let us continue to develop pending resolution of release issues, but if we didn't get permission in the end that effort would have been lost and our devs tainted by exposure to the source so we declined and put the devs onto other projects. After awhile I got fired^h^h^h^hlaid off because without the project I didn't have a function.

It would have been cheaper to develop an independent solution, but the lawyers kept telling us an agreement with the other was imminent. I now believe they were just stringing us along in an attempt to get us to abandon the project. It worked.
    MMh let's hope it won't be that crappy...

Leave a comment:

• rbmorse
    replied
    Originally posted by lucky_ View Post
    How long lasts one of these reviews ?
    One week, one month ?
    That's hard to predict. Depends on the issues, and whether, for example, there are things like third-party interests involved.

Some of these things can take a long time only to find they can't be fixed, especially where there is third-party involvement. I was involved in one where negotiations went on for a year before the other side decided they didn't want to play, during which our own project was on largely on hold pending resolution.

They offered an NDA that would have let us continue to develop pending resolution of release issues, but if we didn't get permission in the end that effort would have been lost and our devs tainted by exposure to the source so we declined and put the devs onto other projects. After awhile I got fired^h^h^h^hlaid off because without the project I didn't have a function.

It would have been cheaper to develop an independent solution, but the lawyers kept telling us an agreement with the other was imminent. I now believe they were just stringing us along in an attempt to get us to abandon the project. It worked.
    Last edited by rbmorse; 24 September 2008, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    The first two passes through IP review for 6xx/7xx documentation failed. I can't really go into the details because that would kinda defeat the purpose of keeping some stuff secret, but potential risks were raised which we did not have answers for at the time.

I believe we have worked through all of those issues now and I am going to kick off another review pass this week.
    Thats interesting. Thanks for working so hard on this documentation. I'm glad to see progress is still being made.

Leave a comment:

• lucky_
    replied

How long lasts one of these reviews ?
    One week, one month ?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X