Issue with X1100 using Catalyst 8.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with X1100 using Catalyst 8.6

I've been having issues to get my X1100 video working at Ubuntu Hardy. I followed these steps:

After configuring the driver with sudo aticonfig --initial -f, I press crtl+alt+backspace and X starts up fine. However Xvideo/2D acc/3D results in corruption. Here's a glxgears screenshot.

Rebooting Linux doesn't even let me get to GDM, it stops at a blackscreen (without any keyboard response, so I have to reset the system because I can't go to tty1). Previous versions of drivers or Ubuntu's didnt work.

xorg.conf
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

glxinfo
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Xorg.0.log

this happens, why not try updating the device section of your system to this, reboot, and try again, this might help a little... also see about disabling compiz fusion.

Code:
    Section "Device"
    	Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    	Driver      "fglrx"
    	BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
    	# enable XVideo out.
    	Option	    "VideoOverlay" "on"
    	Option	    "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
    	Option	    "Textured2D" "off"
    	Option	    "TexturedXrender" "off"

EndSection
    oh and a quick question, what is the overall system specification you are using?

Comment

Core 2 Duo E4300
      1 Gig RAM
      320GB HD
      Ubuntu 8.04 (default Xorg and kernel)
      Motherboard is a renamed ECS, HP website says it's RC415ST-HM

EDIT: I used that piece of xorg.conf, restarted X and it didn't work. But X started after a reboot and glxgears worked as well. I'll use the computer for awhile to see if the problem won't come back.
      Last edited by Daekdroom; 14 July 2008, 11:00 PM.

Comment

This is a common bug, i have an R5xx based card as well. I doubt the issue will return, and also, you should be able to use XVideo rendering now.

Comment

Hm. Compiz, glxgears and XVideo are working. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X