Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbled screen after resuming from suspend to ram with an ati rs485, anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tormod
    replied
    bug link

Leave a comment:

• Garbled screen after resuming from suspend to ram with an ati rs485, anyone else?

Hi/2 all...

I have a evil xpress 1100 (200m), chipset rs485 igp, i installed the latest xorg and ati drivers using the howto from this post. Everything (compiz, 3d, xv) is working as advertised, BUT i have a bug, really weird one.

When i resume from ram my system comes back BUT entirely garbled, like an old tv with bad signal. It still works, but is unusable. Swtching consoles doesnt work, reiniciating x doesnt work, only a clean reboot does work (hibernate works fine (suspend to disk)).

I talked with dave airlie and alex deucher about this bug (bug 16537 in bugs.freedesktop.org). Till now, no patch killed the little rat.

Does any kind soul with a 200m is having the same resume to ram (suspend) problem - completely garbled screen after the wakeup?

If so, could you please reply to this post? We need more users with this model to test the resume to ram in order to find what is the stupid register that's not working.

Any help is very welcome

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X