Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ovoskeuiks
    replied
    I've successfully install the drivers, drm modules and libdrm/mesa packages which has enabled 3D Acceleration using the Driver "ati" and AccelMethod "EXA" on my x1250
    However this appears to have broken an application I'm using because of some incompatibility between libgl and libstdc++. I've google for all sorts of options and found this bug
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...sa/+bug/259219

It mentions compiling without --enable-glx-tls. are the sources available for the packages provided in xorg-edgers and how would I go about recompiling/repacking the libgl-mesa-dri package

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    AIGLX support works fine on 5xx with both radeon (aka -ati) and radeonhd if you have relatively recent DDX, DRM, Mesa and X server. Building a recent X server is a bit of a pain so the question as I understood it was "what do I get if I stay with an old X server ?".

It's the new Mesa code which requires the new X server (something related to DRI2 IIRC), not radeon or radeonhd.

Leave a comment:

• mityukov
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    AFAIK if you don't use the new X server then AIGLX doesn't work with the latest Mesa code (and you need recent Mesa code to get full 5xx 3d support).

I'm not completely sure that KWin4 uses AIGLX but I think it does... so probably won't work without new X server.
    If I remember correctly (I'm not at home), there are tree options:
    - OpenGL (texture_from_pixmap)
    - PO Buffer
    - Backbuffer

I may be wrong, though :-)

Is AIGLX-support required for each of these "renderers"? And is there a one, supported by OpSc radeon?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    AFAIK if you don't use the new X server then AIGLX doesn't work with the latest Mesa code (and you need recent Mesa code to get full 5xx 3d support).

I'm not completely sure that KWin4 uses AIGLX but I think it does... so probably won't work without new X server.

Leave a comment:

• mityukov
    replied
    AIGLX (and therefore Compiz) is not supported when using mesa 7.1 packages unless you also upgrade your xserver
    , KWin4's built-in effects aren't going to work as well, right?
    Last edited by mityukov; 08-04-2008, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    Originally posted by cobold View Post
    Hi,
    i'm fixed this by removing /usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1.2 and making symlink to /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 instead. dpkg -S dont know anything about /usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1.2 so think it's just trash file. May be part of fglrx or old mesa(i'm using 7.10 updated to 8.04). Hope this can help.
    I also had a diversion that stuck around from the old fglrx, so the new libs weren't being read. Try doing "dpkg-divert --list" in a terminal and look for any libGL that shouldn't be there. Also, try using "sudo updatedb" followed by "locate libGL" to list all the versions. If one looks to be wrong, you can use "dpkg -S <file name>" to determine which package it's a part of. Then uninstall that package and reinstall tormod's versions.

hth

Leave a comment:

• cobold
    replied
    Originally posted by benitoa View Post
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r200_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r200_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r200_dri.so[/B]
    Hi,
    i'm fixed this by removing /usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1.2 and making symlink to /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 instead. dpkg -S dont know anything about /usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1.2 so think it's just trash file. May be part of fglrx or old mesa(i'm using 7.10 updated to 8.04). Hope this can help.

Leave a comment:

• tormod
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Hi tormod,

you seem to have success building the latest RadeonHD code. Do you why it doesn't work for me and "bugmenot" - was there any new dependencies needed?
    There are no secrets I document all changes to the original Debian packaging in the changelogs, which you can browse on the PPA page.

Leave a comment:

• Fenix-TX
    replied
    I've followed the steps but when i execute glxinfo i only have this message:

[email protected]:~$ glxinfo
    name of display: :0.0
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

EDITED
    Ok, solved but i can't use kde4 effects.....so backing to fglrx...
    Last edited by Fenix-TX; 07-27-2008, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I forget the details but the new code picks up drm headers from a different place (probably the drm tree) than before. There was also an issue reported overnight where if you build without DRI you get an error -- building with DRI gets around that for now.

If you follow d2kx's link you end up here, where there is info on getting around the build issues. Basically requires bringing down more packages because radeonhd now has a build dependency on drm if building with dri enabled :

http://radeonhd.org/index.php?page=a...08-7-26#result

The nice thing is that radeonhd now picks up full EXA render and textured video and you no longer have to choose between 2d/video and 3d acceleration. If you run EXA with a new X server you should also see a decent 2d performance boost.
    Last edited by bridgman; 07-26-2008, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X