X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tormod
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Yes it is pretty old, maybe should be better to just put 'XInput.h' to your x11proto-input-dev_1.9.99.3. I tried to do that and package seems to build... Don't know how proper this way is, but that deb works for me.
    I have uploaded a new libxi which includes XInput.h. I hope everything will be consistent now - I will build a new xserver and some drivers later and we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Yes it is pretty old, maybe should be better to just put 'XInput.h' to your x11proto-input-dev_1.9.99.3. I tried to do that and package seems to build... Don't know how proper this way is, but that deb works for me.

https://launchpad.net/~smoki00790/+archive

Leave a comment:

• tormod
    replied
    No i'm not X debian packager, i just pass through dependency hell of installing xorg-edgers packages and when i got finally break default X and see server EXA improvements and other goods, i can't compile anything, heh...
    You know, power users like yourself should be using Jaunty
    OK i can just move 'XInput.h' manually. Do you know which commit for 'XInput.h' is right for your x11proto-input-dev_1.9.99.3? I think up to this http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib...676f6af4baa44b but not sure.
    Somewhere around "Bump to 1.1.99.1" should be fine, I am not sure about the two next ones. I guess anything later than "Add XInput.h file from inputproto package." would fix your issue. I just realize now how old the libxi in Hardy is (git Sept 07)...

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    No i'm not X debian packager, i just pass through dependency hell of installing xorg-edgers packages and when i got finally break default X and see server EXA improvements and other goods, i can't compile anything, heh... OK i can just move 'XInput.h' manually. Do you know which commit for 'XInput.h' is right for your x11proto-input-dev_1.9.99.3? I think up to this http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib...676f6af4baa44b but not sure.

Leave a comment:

• tormod
    replied
    Tormod, current packages for Hardy miss 'XInput.h'. That header is in Hardy original 'x11proto-input-dev' package, later that header was moved to 'libxi-dev' as i see, but that package was not also updated for Hardy.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, those files moving around between packages make things complicated. I guess compiling an input driver on top of the current stack would fail then. The ones in the PPA were built before I pushed this x11proto-input-dev. But the server and video drivers build fine, so I don't worry too much. I don't plan on maintaining the Hardy packages much more, it's out of scope for xorg-edgers. It's just that I have an R500 card at work, where I still run Hardy...

I could spin a new libxi-dev, but I don't want to risk breaking something and spending time on fixing it. However, if you make a new libxi-dev and test it properly, I could push it in

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Tormod, current packages for Hardy miss 'XInput.h'. That header is in Hardy original 'x11proto-input-dev' package, later that header was moved to 'libxi-dev' as i see, but that package was not also updated for Hardy.

Leave a comment:

• val-gaav
    replied
    I get tearing from time to time while for example draging windows (transparency on) or with alt+tab effects. tried XAA, EXA, and different kwin settings and it's always the same.

I'm using rs690 radeon x1200 which support is quite recent so that may be the problem.

BTW videos work ok for me with xv and with composing on. Try setting up EXA in xorg.conf instead of default XAA.

Leave a comment:

• mityukov
    replied
    Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
    That is gtk-qt-engines fault... At least I think it is Simple solution I'm using right now is this theme :
    https://addons.mozilla.org/pl/firefox/addon/7574
    It has some other problems like for example not using oxygen style for drop down menus but no glitches with normal webbrowsing.

Anyway there is a gossip that FF 3.1 will have a Qt native support so problems like that may be solved soon
    I wish Qt4 support was there...

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
    BTW do you get some small tearing with 3d effects ?
    I'm not sure... Everything seems to look the same way with Desktop Effects ON and OFF. Where should I look exactly?

Leave a comment:

• val-gaav
    replied
    Originally posted by mityukov View Post
    Recently, I've installed Kubuntu 8.10, which
    There are some glitches in firefox 3, however.. But I'm not sure if this is connected to "radeon" or to "gtk-qt-engine" (at least, I didn't have these anomalies, when used Catalyst 8.9 in Hardy, and ClearLooks GTK theme).
    That is gtk-qt-engines fault... At least I think it is Simple solution I'm using right now is this theme :
    https://addons.mozilla.org/pl/firefox/addon/7574
    It has some other problems like for example not using oxygen style for drop down menus but no glitches with normal webbrowsing.

Anyway there is a gossip that FF 3.1 will have a Qt native support so problems like that may be solved soon

BTW do you get some small tearing with 3d effects ?
    Last edited by val-gaav; 11-05-2008, 06:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mityukov
    replied
    Recently, I've installed Kubuntu 8.10, which comes with the latest radeon enabled by default. Have to say that it works quite good in 2D and Video playback.

Desktop effects also work quite smoothly, until there is a need to play Video via xv, or to run a 3D-app, but that's another story.

There are some glitches in firefox 3, however.. But I'm not sure if this is connected to "radeon" or to "gtk-qt-engine" (at least, I didn't have these anomalies, when used Catalyst 8.9 in Hardy, and ClearLooks GTK theme).

Can somebody point me where to look about these glitches?

In particular, there is broken rendering of "Tabs", and also some "controls" inside a page (such as [hr], [radiobuttons], [checkboxes]).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X