vsync support in radeon? visual tearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    For r6xx+. you need KMS and a drm with r6xx interrupt support to get vsynced GL (assuming the app uses the vsync GL mechanisms).
    I know. Some weeks ago it worked (i think it was rc3). After upgrading this feature is missing. Or are there some special configuration parameters?

Comment

The new DRI2 sync code in mesa seems to have broken it. Resetting your mesa tree prior to daf7fe69f7bd0caa955d30b43fc35b7ce0069b6b should fix it.

Comment

So what I should exactly do to remove tearing windows etc. on desktop? I have hd4850 and ubuntu 9.10. Thanks for help.

Comment

Originally posted by juriemu View Post
          So what I should exactly do to remove tearing windows etc. on desktop? I have hd4850 and ubuntu 9.10. Thanks for help.
          Wait until the next update with the fix, unless you are fully comfortable building the X/GL stack from scratch, in which case the commit id you were given should be all you need.

Comment

But where will be this update? In Update Manager or I have to download driver from this forum and install somehow? Can someone explain me in steps?

I don't want to install ati drivers from web or repository because I can't watch any movies then because of teraing in xv, etc..

I just have there drivers which was on CD. (movies etc works well but I can't use compiz, docky..). What can I do?

Sorry for my english and thanks for help..

Comment

xorg-edgers ppa and recent kernel should suffice. Sorry for being not-elaborate - in case you're in trouble just write here.

Comment

GL vsync is currently busted on radeon in mesa git master due to the intel dri2 swapbuffer changes:

Comment

GL vsync is currently busted on radeon in mesa git master due to the intel dri2 swapbuffer changes:
                  http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26240
                  So should it work with r700 (4850) and newest versions of xorg-server, libdrm, xf86-video-ati, mesa compiled from git repositories?

I've xorg server version as below:
                  Code:
                  X.Org X Server 1.7.99.3                                                 
                  Release Date: (unreleased)                                              
                  [    20.816] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0                          
                  [    20.816] Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.33-rc6 x86_64            
                  [    20.816] Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.33-rc6 #1 SMP Sun Feb 7 14:20:20 CET 2010 x86_64
                  Also I've KMS enabled with IRQ support and still vsync does not working.

Comment

Originally posted by rampage7 View Post
                    So should it work with r700 (4850) and newest versions of xorg-server, libdrm, xf86-video-ati, mesa compiled from git repositories?

Also I've KMS enabled with IRQ support and still vsync does not working.
                    Originally posted by agd5f
                    As I just said, and you quoted in your reply, GL vsync is currently broken in mesa git master. You need to reset your tree prior to that commit or use mesa 7.7.

Comment

As I just said, and you quoted in your reply, GL vsync is currently broken in mesa git master. You need to reset your tree prior to that commit or use mesa 7.7.
                      I've overlook the detail about the master mesa branch - sorry for that and thanks a lot
                      I've recompiled mesa using sources from 7.7 branch, and now XBMC is working great with vsync on. Only Kwin from KDE 4.4 won't get vsynced, but I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X