X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c0un7d0wn
    replied
    Originally posted by tormod View Post
    To me it seems like you are building and installing libdrm twice. What is that x11-drm step? You need to cd into linux-core and run make and make install.

You can try grep drm /var/log/syslog depending on your distro and configuration. BTW, if you're on Debian or Ubuntu you may try my prebuilt packages, and if you're not you might try the live CD test I posted in another thread, at least to see if it works before you try more on installing.
    He is using gentoo with x11 overlay i think. x11-drm is the name of the package that installs the drm kernel modules?

Btw, why do you need the mesa sources to build xserver? I thought you didn't need to do that anymore.
    Last edited by c0un7d0wn; 09 June 2008, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• legume
    replied
    Maybe you have a libdri* in /lib and it's getting chosen instead of the new one in /usr/lib.

Leave a comment:

• tormod
    replied
    Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
    i'm using git compiled drm and dri. in my previous reply you could not only see the sites i've picked up drm, mesa and xorg but also the configure options. actually dmesg doesn't spit nothing regarding drm or radeon since it has gotten populated with iptables output.
    To me it seems like you are building and installing libdrm twice. What is that x11-drm step? You need to cd into linux-core and run make and make install.

You can try grep drm /var/log/syslog depending on your distro and configuration. BTW, if you're on Debian or Ubuntu you may try my prebuilt packages, and if you're not you might try the live CD test I posted in another thread, at least to see if it works before you try more on installing.

Leave a comment:

• givemesugarr
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    It looks like you built the driver (xf86-video-ati) without dri support.
    this is from xf86-video-ati:

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share[COLOR="Navy"] --enable-dri[/COLOR] --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
    Code:
    checking if XINERAMA is defined... no
    checking if RANDR is defined... yes
    checking if RENDER is defined... yes
    checking if XV is defined... yes
    checking if XF86MISC is defined... yes
    checking if DPMSExtension is defined... yes
    checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config... no
    checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
    checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
    checking for XORG... yes
    checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
    checking for /usr/include/xorg/dri.h... yes
    checking for /usr/include/xorg/sarea.h... yes
    checking for /usr/include/xorg/dristruct.h... yes
    checking for /usr/include/xorg/damage.h... yes
    checking whether to include DRI support... yes
    checking for DRI... yes
    checking for xf86Modes.h... yes
    checking whether to enable EXA support... yes
    checking exa.h usability... yes
    checking exa.h presence... yes
    checking for exa.h... yes
    checking whether EXA version is at least 2.0.0... yes
    checking whether xf86XVFillKeyHelperDrawable is declared... yes
    checking whether xf86ModeBandwidth is declared... yes
    checking whether xf86_crtc_clip_video_helper is declared... yes
    checking whether xf86RotateFreeShadow is declared... yes
    checking whether pci_device_enable is declared... yes
    checking whether XSERVER_LIBPCIACCESS is declared... yes
    configure: X server has new mode code
    checking for PCIACCESS... yes
    checking for /usr/share/sgml/X11/defs.ent... no
    checking for linuxdoc... no
    checking for ps2pdf... /usr/bin/ps2pdf
    checking Whether to build documentation... no
    checking Whether to build pdf documentation... yes
    configure: The atimisc sub-driver has been split out to xf86-video-mach64:
        git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-mach64
    Please install that driver as well for mach64-based cards.

configure: The r128 sub-driver has been split out to xf86-video-r128:
        git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-r128
    Please install that driver as well for rage128-based cards.
    to me it seems that dri has been built like were built with dri, sarea, pciaccess, damage and exa. i don't seem to find the texturedvideo anyway, but xorg log seems to say that on rs690 it needs the cp enabled to enable texturedvideo.

isn't this by chance related to something in the libdrm or the driproto?!

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    It looks like you built the driver (xf86-video-ati) without dri support.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
    as i've said in an earlier post i've switched back to xaa to fix the char cut.
    Sorry, I read your earlier post backwards; thought you said you switched from XAA to EXA. Carry on

Leave a comment:

• givemesugarr
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    You need to have have DRI enabled for texvid/exa composite on r5xx and newer IGP chips. The MMIO paths for those do not work reliably. Sounds like you don't have the dri enabled. Can you post your xorg log?
    my xorg.log

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

my xorg.conf (i've termporarly went with xaa instead of exa because exa cuts the lower lines of the chars)

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

From your log:
    #(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed (libdri.a too old)
    #[dri] Disabling DRI.

And are you actually building and installing the kernel modules drm.ko and radeon.ko (from the mesa/drm sources)? dmesg|grep drm should give you something like:
    [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
    [drm] Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080528 on minor 0
    i'm using git compiled drm and dri. in my previous reply you could not only see the sites i've picked up drm, mesa and xorg but also the configure options. actually dmesg doesn't spit nothing regarding drm or radeon since it has gotten populated with iptables output.
    Last edited by givemesugarr; 09 June 2008, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tormod
    replied
    From your log:
    #(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed (libdri.a too old)
    #[dri] Disabling DRI.

And are you actually building and installing the kernel modules drm.ko and radeon.ko (from the mesa/drm sources)? dmesg|grep drm should give you something like:
    [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
    [drm] Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080528 on minor 0

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    You need to have have DRI enabled for texvid/exa composite on r5xx and newer IGP chips. The MMIO paths for those do not work reliably. Sounds like you don't have the dri enabled. Can you post your xorg log?

Leave a comment:

• givemesugarr
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    The log seems to indicate that you're still running XAA :

(**) RADEON(0): Option "DynamicClocks" "on"
    (**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
    (**) RADEON(0): Option "DRI" "true"

Might be an older log, I guess, since you mentioned switching to EXA earlier. Enabling EXA sometimes seemed to help with textured video so worth making sure you are running with EXA.

The log error for drm indicated the version was too old; are you pretty sure that you have a fresh drm built and installed ? If you felt brave it might be worth adding a couple of debug messages to the code in radeon where drm is opened to see exactly what is going on.
    as i've said in an earlier post i've switched back to xaa to fix the char cut:

i've managed to fix the cut on the chars by moving to xaa from exa.
    if i know where to put the debug lines i'd try to do it. the problem is that i don't have much time to see where the dri load call is done when at office. if someone could give a hint to where to add them, thus helping me to save some time on the search, i'd be glad to help.

if you need to know, the packages i use are:

libdrm:
    Code:
    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
    mesa-lib:
    Code:
    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa
    x11-drm:
    Code:
    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
    xorg-server:
    Code:
     * git update start -->
     *    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa
     *    local clone: /var/tmp/distfiles/git-src/mesa
     *    committish: master
    >>> Unpacked to /var/tmp/paludis/x11-base-xorg-server-9999/work/mesa
     * git update start -->
     *    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver
     *    local clone: /var/tmp/distfiles/git-src/xorg-server
    xorg-server still needs the mesa includes, and for that reason i check 2 git repos.

the following is the relevant configure options i've used:

libdrm:
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
    mesa-libs:
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --with-driver=dri --disable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers=,swrast,radeon,r200,r300 --disable-asm --disable-asm --disable-glut --without-demos --enable-xcb --enable-glw --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
    x11-drm:
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-static --disable-shared --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
    xorg-server:
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share --enable-ipv6 --disable-dmx --disable-kdrive --disable-kdrive-vesa --enable-xvfb --enable-xnest --enable-xfree86-utils --enable-install-libxf86config --enable-dri --enable-xorg --disable-glx-tls --enable-xorgcfg --enable-config-dbus --enable-config-hal --disable-xinerama --sysconfdir=/etc/X11 --localstatedir=/var --enable-install-setuid --with-fontdir=/usr/share/fonts --with-xkb-output=/var/lib/xkb --disable-xsdl --with-mesa-source=/var/tmp/paludis/x11-base-xorg-server-9999/work/mesa --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
    so, unless there is some miscongruence between mesa and xorg the versions should be ok.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X