X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c0un7d0wn
    replied
    Originally posted by oyvind View Post
    Guess it's not quite there, yet . Will Ubuntu 8.04 be officially supported by fglrx ? I haven't kept up with the news and things, lately.
    Something with my machine i guess. Just tried 8.3 and got the same error.

Leave a comment:

• Slegge
    replied
    Interesting. I had considered the idea that it was the windows release that was holding back the release date. Never though of this tough.

edit: hum, just noticed someone had problems compiling while i posted this. ahh well...

Leave a comment:

• oyvind
    replied
    Originally posted by c0un7d0wn View Post
    sh ati-driver-installer-8-4-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/8.04 fails with this:

Code:
     .. problems in build-land ..
    Guess it's not quite there, yet . Will Ubuntu 8.04 be officially supported by the upcoming fglrx ? I haven't kept up with the news and things, lately.

Leave a comment:

• c0un7d0wn
    replied
    sh ati-driver-installer-8-4-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/8.04 fails with this:

Code:
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XauFileName used by debian/xorg-driver-fglrx/usr/sbin/atieventsd found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xorg-driver-fglrx/usr/sbin/atieventsd shouldn't be linked with libXrender.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
    dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: couldn't find library libfglrx_gamma.so.1 needed by debian/xorg-driver-fglrx/usr/bin/fglrx_xgamma (its RPATH is '').
    Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.
    To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
    dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512
    make: *** [binary] Error 1
    dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Leave a comment:

• oyvind
    replied
    Originally posted by oyvind View Post
    Haha =), that actually works.

*On to inspect the contents of this new perhaps-to-be-fglrx-8.4 mystery-file*
    Hmm, packages for Ubuntu Gutsy built successfully using the Catalyst 8.4 package, driver version is reported to be 8.476 (compared to Catalyst 8.3, which is 8.471). Can't find any release notes in the packages, though (guess that's normally not included) .. Haven't actually tested the thing, yet.. But this certainly indicates that a release is near in time ? ..

Leave a comment:

• c0un7d0wn
    replied
    8.4 says: Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.476..... Is this the new version?

Leave a comment:

• oyvind
    replied
    Originally posted by clavko View Post
    Damn those fancy antispam rules, can't post link.
    I somehow managed to dl 8.4 (guess they are) by
    swapping 8.3 to 8.4 in usual download link.

Any thoughts?
    Haha =), that actually works.

*On to inspect the contents of this new perhaps-to-be-fglrx-8.4 mystery-file*

Leave a comment:

• clavko
    replied
    Damn those fancy antispam rules, can't post link.
    I somehow managed to dl 8.4 (guess they are) by
    swapping 8.3 to 8.4 in usual download link.

Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas
    replied
    Originally posted by Vighy View Post
    ok but it's no good that the GPU works at 100% all the time!

i'm running a M76 and it happens to me with radeonhd (and happened with fglrx 8.41)... but it's not normal!

but now the question i think is no more "expected features", but "release date" of 8.4!!
    As I said, I definitelly agree with you that running 100% is just plain stupid, but the corruption on the image due to heat is not a good sign. You might do permanent damage to your card (and then buy a nVidia ).

And yes, what about release date? It should be near!

Leave a comment:

• Vighy
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
    Seems to me that you have some cooling issues on your computer. I believe that your card is running hotter due to the drivers, but in worst case they would only be able to generate as much heat as running any 3D intensive application, and your computer should be able to cope with the heat.

You might wanna check your heatsink, thermal paste and coolers.

Just my 2c .
    ok but it's no good that the GPU works at 100% all the time!

i'm running a M76 and it happens to me with radeonhd (and happened with fglrx 8.41)... but it's not normal!

but now the question i think is no more "expected features", but "release date" of 8.4!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X