Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melcar
    replied
    Yeah. Screen tearing is not what it used to be. Before things used to be almost unwatchable. It's still there for me, but it's only one line now, on the top, very noticeable unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Tearing when using textured video was significantly reduced in 8.3. It should have gone from "blatantly obvious" to "you have to look hard".

Jukka-pekka, are you using textured video ? If you are running 8.3 and using tex vid and didn't see a big improvement with 8.3 please speak up in another thread. If you are running under a compositing manager, can you pls check that the tearing is largely gone when compositing is switched off ?

Leave a comment:

• Uchikoma
    replied
    Hmm...I don't have the video tearing problem, and I thought it was resolved with the Catalyst 8.3 driver.

Perhaps compiz is causing the issue? TexturedVideo and compiz don't seem to play nice in any case.

I actually really don't have much to ask for at this time. Maybe automatic control of power saving states? It's gotten quiet as the number of people with problems have gone down, or moved to the radeon/radeonhd solutions.

Leave a comment:

• sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Jukka-Pekka View Post
    I have a mobility radeon X1600 on a HP nc8430...
    I wish for proper dual-monitor support (with different resolutions, widescreen with non-widescreen), stop for the terrible tearing when playing videos and for better power saving features (for less heat on the lap) so that I actually could hold the laptop on my lap
    Amen. But this will never happen. You see, they believe theirself that their modesetting is working perfectly and that there is no video tearing. Those are things they can't fix, for like, almost two years now, judging by my experience. I mean, two years is ... a half Olympic cycle, if you will... Two years and maybe a full Olympic cycle for some others .

Maybe after some four more fun years... counting from their "new" driver, who knows

That's why I'm sticking to radeonhd... they seem to be tackling their goals more efficiently.

Leave a comment:

• Jukka-Pekka
    replied
    I have a mobility radeon X1600 on a HP nc8430...
    I wish for proper dual-monitor support (with different resolutions, widescreen with non-widescreen), stop for the terrible tearing when playing videos and for better power saving features (for less heat on the lap) so that I actually could hold the laptop on my lap

Leave a comment:

• dm0rais
    replied
    Lower my x1650pro idle temperatures

Leave a comment:

• ckxdce
    replied
    I would be glad if the Java OpenGL pipeline worked again. It had worked since 8.24.10 and stopped working with the 8.42.3 release. And my Radeon X1800's fan is running at full speed all the time. Unfortunatley, neither aticonfig nor atipower could help...

Leave a comment:

• MagicTempest
    replied
    Well, I would be very happy with a driver that actually works for a change.

The last working driver for my X1950 AGP was 8.42 (I think).

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by adurbin View Post
    hoping for crossfire
    Not this month...

Leave a comment:

• shreg
    replied
    I would love for simple but working dualscreen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X