Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agd5f
    replied
    That branch is basically a proof of concept. It only implements sclk, mclk, and pcie lane adjustments statically based on the mode you select in your xorg.conf. There's a lot more involved. There is currently no interface in X to do this dynamically, so I've been looking at implementing it the radeon kms drm. Then userspace utilities like gnome-power-manager can adjust power policy on the fly.

Leave a comment:

• piccolotux
    replied
    Originally posted by c0un7d0wn View Post
    That feature is not in master yet. You may checkout agd-powerplay branch in git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/xf86-video-ati or agd-powerplay branch in git://people.freedesktop.org/~csimpson/xf86-video-ati

You won't be able to change the power profile live, you will have to restart the server
    So, from what I understand, the option DynamicClocks actually is not working as expected (It does not scale the clock)...Am I wrong?
    Thank you for the reply

Leave a comment:

• c0un7d0wn
    replied
    Originally posted by piccolotux View Post
    Am I missing something?
    That feature is not in master yet. You may checkout agd-powerplay branch in git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/xf86-video-ati or agd-powerplay branch in git://people.freedesktop.org/~csimpson/xf86-video-ati

You won't be able to change the power profile live, you will have to restart the server

Leave a comment:

• piccolotux
    replied
    I'm actually using the latest git revision of xf86-video-radeon. The driver works beautifully. 2D performance are awesome and 3D is improving. Concerning powerplay options I'm unable to set any mode in my xorg config file. It seems that
    Code:
    Option "PowerPlayMode" "1,2 or 3"
    is not recognized as a valid option. Am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by pigah View Post
    Sorry to be dense, but this means there is not even a way to change it manually, i.e. at the commandline?
    You can set the mode in your xserver config and it will stay as set until you change it and restart X. It's more of a proof of concept at this point. I'll be adding it to kernel modesetting where you will be able to change the settings on the fly using sysfs.

Leave a comment:

• pigah
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    Add:
    Option "DynamicClocks" "TRUE"
    to the device section of your config.

my powerplay stuff is available here:

however, you can't dynamically change the power state at the moment as X does not provide a means to do so.
    Sorry to be dense, but this means there is not even a way to change it manually, i.e. at the commandline?

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by slacker View Post
    i dont see anything here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/
    Am i looking in the wrong place?
    Add:
    Option "DynamicClocks" "TRUE"
    to the device section of your config.

my powerplay stuff is available here:

however, you can't dynamically change the power state at the moment as X does not provide a means to do so.

Leave a comment:

• slacker
    replied
    i dont see anything here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/
    Am i looking in the wrong place?

Leave a comment:

• alec
    replied
    great news! Powerplay is last thing missing from open-source ATI drivers for me

Leave a comment:

• puntarenas
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X