Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piccolotux View Post
    Am I missing something?
    That feature is not in master yet. You may checkout agd-powerplay branch in git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/xf86-video-ati or agd-powerplay branch in git://people.freedesktop.org/~csimpson/xf86-video-ati

You won't be able to change the power profile live, you will have to restart the server

Comment

Originally posted by c0un7d0wn View Post
      That feature is not in master yet. You may checkout agd-powerplay branch in git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/xf86-video-ati or agd-powerplay branch in git://people.freedesktop.org/~csimpson/xf86-video-ati

You won't be able to change the power profile live, you will have to restart the server
      So, from what I understand, the option DynamicClocks actually is not working as expected (It does not scale the clock)...Am I wrong?
      Thank you for the reply

Comment

That branch is basically a proof of concept. It only implements sclk, mclk, and pcie lane adjustments statically based on the mode you select in your xorg.conf. There's a lot more involved. There is currently no interface in X to do this dynamically, so I've been looking at implementing it the radeon kms drm. Then userspace utilities like gnome-power-manager can adjust power policy on the fly.

Comment

Working...
        X