No announcement yet.

Any timeline on RadeonHD 3D/Xv support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any timeline on RadeonHD 3D/Xv support?

First let me apologize for my impatience... I like RadeonHD driver a lot. It's clean, fast and stable. However, currently I have to stay with fglrx driver since I can only use x11 output to watch video, and it gets very slow if I try to read a webpage with a lot of flash animations. It has been some time since last exciting git commit (EXA 2D acceleration) in radeonhd, and people keep talking about "it's not very difficult to port radeon 3D part into radeonhd". So, is there any time line we could follow? Or any "hidden" progress we did not catch?

what card have you got? if you have an R500 try radeon.

If you have R600, well radeonhd won't get 3D/Xv support before radeon and radeon won't get it until the docs are released + a few months to figure out how it actually works.

Comment

In fact I tried radeon, but it keeps hard lock my laptop if I enable "EXA". The xv output somehow requires that option so it's kind of dilemma...

BTW, I have a X1300 on Lenovo T60
      Last edited by fatfatwolf; 01 April 2008, 02:37 AM.

Comment

I'm working on this at the moment, it dies on my rv515 card here, so I'll hopefully get something in the next couple of days.

Comment

actually you probably tried it without loading a drm.

The non-drm cases aren't that well tested...

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
            actually you probably tried it without loading a drm.

The non-drm cases aren't that well tested...
            I think that actually IS the case...

I'm gonna pull the latest mesa git and try again...

Comment

You probably want mesa/mesa *and* mesa/drm - there have been recent changes in both.
              Last edited by bridgman; 01 April 2008, 11:32 AM.
              Test signature

Comment

Just installed drm/mesa from git and it solved the problem. That's great~~~ Thanks guys for your hard work!!!

Comment

Are the changes in mesa 7.0.3?

Comment

The changes are in the mesa/drm master but I don't think drm is included in the mesa release.

I believe the actual mesa/mesa R5xx 3D support is still off in a branch, so it would not be in 7.03.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 06 April 2008, 09:45 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X