Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Xorg compile HowTo?

Hi there,
    the last weeks I read a lot of the improvements of the "normal" radeon driver. Can someone put a guide here on how to compile it on ubuntu. I would really like to give it a try but I have really no ideo of compiling and getting all the sources.
    Help would be really appreciated.
    Cheers

To get the code:
    Code:
    git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
    (This will create a directory xf86-video-ati in your current directory and place the code there.)

To build:
    Code:
    cd xf86-video-ati
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    make
    To install:
    Code:
    su
    make install
    exit
    You will probably need a get a few -dev packages for your distribution for the build to go through. I can't tell you which ones though (I'm running Gentoo).

I also believe there are some recent changes to mesa - perhaps someone else can fill in the details?

Comment

bitnick's guide should work perfectly with Ubuntu, just do a "sudo make install" instead of trying to use su. To get the build depencies, do a

sudo apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-ati

at first. You'll have to have the sources enabled in your apt sources.list / Synaptic package manager.

Comment

Okay i will give it a try, but I have read in the r300 websie, that i need xserver 1.5 and gutsy hast only 1.3.
        Am I right that I first need to install the new before i try the new driver?

Comment

You don't need Xserver 1.5 for the ati/radeon driver. They may talk about the experimental R500 3D support branch.

Comment

Working...
          X