Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases Microcode For All GPUs

Phoronix: AMD Releases Microcode For All GPUs

In the next step towards open-source 3D support for the R500 and R600 GPUs (Radeon X1000 and Radeon HD 2000/3000), AMD has just pushed its production microcode into the Mesa/DRM git tree. This is the microcode found in the fglrx driver and it covers the Radeon R100 to R600 product families.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think these efforts are certainly appreciated by the community.

Comment

Wow! I'll only buy AMD/ATI in future!

Comment

Excellent news.

Comment

Is there still some work/activity based upon the new docs in Mesa repository?

Comment

Really insane how fast the new releases are getting out for the developers... this is one of a few reasons why I only buy AMD/ATI products, they deserve every kind of support.

Comment

Yes, but so far the work is happening in private branches -- the 3D work is still at the early stages so don't think anything has been pushed to master yet. If you monitor #radeon and watch for discussions between simpsonc, airlied, agd5f, glisse and others you'll have the very latest news
              Test signature

Comment

My next Notebook will be one based on Puma plattform! I hope the manufactors will build some qualtity notebooks with this.

Comment

AMD with their open-source philanthropy
                  not a good use of the word 'philanthropy'. I know you mean 'generosity', but philanthropy is more towards humans (help those in need). Unless of course if you mean that the open-source developers are 'dying' to get this information and thus AMD, with their actions, save their lives :-P

Comment

This is very good, but I never hear specifically stated for the higher parts - like what about the RV670 (3870)?

TBF I have not scoured through the releases, but a person only looking at the newsies on websites would get the impression of only the lowend parts being "opened up".

Would someone please clarify?
                    Last edited by edged; 19 March 2008, 06:30 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Working...
                    X