• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User0x45
    replied
    Hi Wyatt,

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
    disabling CONFIG_DRM in .config and installing X.org's libdrm lets things work in relative harmony. Sorry if you've tried that already, but I figure it doesn't hurt to share tips anyway.
    No, I haven't tried this. Thanks, I'll try.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by User0x45 View Post
    Hey Bridgman,

a couple of months is fine. I can get going on this r2xx when they finally do come out.Yeah, I wrote about it here: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15028

Since posting, I haven't heard anything, or been asked any questions, so I'm kind of sitting tight. I'd love to work through it. Ultimately I could just add to the worlds E-waste...but you know I'm kind of persistant.

Thanks,
    I think it's an issue with the VIA agpgart driver. I don't think it's anything radeon docs would help with.

Leave a comment:

• Wyatt
    replied
    I think I've run into this problem twice before. As I recall, it has something to do with the different DRM implementations (Kernel, X.org and ATi each seem to have one... :/ ). Looking at my own setup, disabling CONFIG_DRM in .config and installing X.org's libdrm lets things work in relative harmony. Sorry if you've tried that already, but I figure it doesn't hurt to share tips anyway.

Cheers,
    Wyatt

PS: Tried to just PM this, but that's disabled. Apologies for the slight derail.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Hmm. At first glance that doesn't look like anything docs would help with. The drm seems to be coming up ok, then the xord driver comes up ok and sets up drm ok but then gets that error message :

drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
    drmOpenDevice: open result is 9, (OK)
    drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
    drmOpenDevice: open result is 9, (OK)
    drmGetBusid returned ''
    (II) [drm] DRM interface version 1.0
    (EE) [drm] Could not set DRM device bus ID.
    (EE) RADEON(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
    I wouldn't wait for docs; there's probably enough info in the code already to figure this out. If nobody has an idea here then maybe post to the xorg mailing list and see if someone can suggest a good first step for debugging this.

Leave a comment:

• User0x45
    replied
    Hey Bridgman,

a couple of months is fine. I can get going on this r2xx when they finally do come out.
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Do you have an R200-based system that isn't working ?
    Yeah, I wrote about it here: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15028

Since posting, I haven't heard anything, or been asked any questions, so I'm kind of sitting tight. I'd love to work through it. Ultimately I could just add to the worlds E-waste...but you know I'm kind of persistant.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• chithanh
    replied
    When we either find an editable copy (no luck yet) or have time to scan and OCR what we have back into something we can edit and release.
    For OOo 3.0 there exists a PDF import plugin from Sun. If the document structure is not too complex, it could at least be sufficient for removing the watermark.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
    What's the state of V4L support on older cards? I've got a Rage 128 with S-Video in/out & TV tuner, that I gave up on trying to get working some time around 2006. Is it worth trying again?
    I'm not sure if we ever provided documentation for the capture path. The IP issues are a bit different there (scary) and I haven't really looked at them even for the latest GPUs. Most of the work on capture happened before I became involved; maybe agd5f or someone else can comment.

Leave a comment:

• Pseus
    replied
    When we either find an editable copy (no luck yet) or have time to scan and OCR what we have back into something we can edit and release. Rough guess is a month before we have time to start work on it, maybe another month after that. Just guessing though... I was hoping an editable file would have turned up by now.

AFAIK everything covered by the document is already working in the R200 drivers, so there doesn't seem to be much to debug other than the usual AGP problems which we can't help with in our documents anyways -- most of the fixes really need to be in chipset drivers. Do you have an R200-based system that isn't working ?
    Perhaps you can open them with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator? AFAIK, it can edit PDFs. Though I'm not sure that would work with such an old version, it might be worth a try

Leave a comment:

• Ant P.
    replied
    What's the state of V4L support on older cards? I've got a Rage 128 with S-Video in/out & TV tuner, that I gave up on trying to get working some time around 2006. Is it worth trying again?

Leave a comment:

• cb88
    replied
    yeah i think it already works in single GPU mode though I'm not sure.. that is pretty pointless though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X