No announcement yet.

ATI R200 Documentation Coming Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would it be possible to realease docs to support the rage fury maxx I know someone that has one just collecting dust due to poor support for it?

Since my rage pro turbo can run openarena fairly playable I reckon the maxx would be worth releasing the docs on...

I kinda doubt it could run compiz though since mine can't not having the texture from pixmap extension (or does it since the rage 128 supports texture compositing it seems)
    Last edited by cb88; 30 January 2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
      would it be possible to realease docs to support the rage fury maxx I know someone that has one just collecting dust due to poor support for it?

Since my rage pro turbo can run openarena fairly playable I reckon the maxx would be worth releasing the docs on...
      Unfortunately, I'm not sure the people who know or information about that card are around anymore.

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
      I kinda doubt it could run compiz though since mine can't not having the texture from pixmap extension (or does it since the rage 128 supports texture compositing it seems)
      The r128 lacks non-power-of-two textures which means no compiz.

Comment

Ah I see thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          Unfortunately, I'm not sure the people who know or information about that card are around anymore.
          The inevitable outcome for all closed-source projects... sad...

I'm grateful that AMD/ATI turned around and saw the light.

Comment

AFAIK a Rage Fury Maxx is basically two Rage 128 chips on a single board with some complicated (and probably still proprietary) software to synchronize the cards and combine the results from the two graphics engines. Getting it to run as a single Rage 128 should be easy; getting it to use both GPUs was a huge job for us and doesn't really seem like something any right-minded individual would even want to consider

Were you talking about getting it running with one GPU or with two GPUs ?
            Test signature

Comment

yeah i think it already works in single GPU mode though I'm not sure.. that is pretty pointless though

Comment

What's the state of V4L support on older cards? I've got a Rage 128 with S-Video in/out & TV tuner, that I gave up on trying to get working some time around 2006. Is it worth trying again?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  When we either find an editable copy (no luck yet) or have time to scan and OCR what we have back into something we can edit and release. Rough guess is a month before we have time to start work on it, maybe another month after that. Just guessing though... I was hoping an editable file would have turned up by now.

AFAIK everything covered by the document is already working in the R200 drivers, so there doesn't seem to be much to debug other than the usual AGP problems which we can't help with in our documents anyways -- most of the fixes really need to be in chipset drivers. Do you have an R200-based system that isn't working ?
                  Perhaps you can open them with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator? AFAIK, it can edit PDFs. Though I'm not sure that would work with such an old version, it might be worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
                    What's the state of V4L support on older cards? I've got a Rage 128 with S-Video in/out & TV tuner, that I gave up on trying to get working some time around 2006. Is it worth trying again?
                    I'm not sure if we ever provided documentation for the capture path. The IP issues are a bit different there (scary) and I haven't really looked at them even for the latest GPUs. Most of the work on capture happened before I became involved; maybe agd5f or someone else can comment.
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      When we either find an editable copy (no luck yet) or have time to scan and OCR what we have back into something we can edit and release.
                      For OOo 3.0 there exists a PDF import plugin from Sun. If the document structure is not too complex, it could at least be sufficient for removing the watermark.

Comment

Working...
                      X