Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter
    replied
    I'm happy to report that this release seems to have fixed my Xv video problems!

Fullscreen playback via Xv in VLC and SMplayer are both working smoothly. No diagonal tearing either, that seems to have been fixed. There are still some minor horizontal tear issues on fast motion and overall the video scaling is fairly soft but otherwise the Xv playback seems to have been fixed up very nicely.

CPU utilization when playing 480p 16:9 content scaled to fullscreen is around 8-9% over normal "idle" CPU usage. That's very good.

Leave a comment:

• Pseus
    replied
    Originally posted by Slegge View Post
    mplayer works fine with XV but mythtv displays wrong colors on playback using XV. (and mplayer gets the same problem too, if i start it after having used mythtv to playback a file; restart X and mplayer works like a charm)
    I use neither a RS690 or MythTV, but I do know setting Textured2D on can cause problems with colors. Of course, that's an experimental feature, so you should have it disabled anyway, but in any case, you might want to check that

Leave a comment:

• bofh4321
    replied
    Originally posted by djdoo View Post
    Hey guys I have a question...

I was wondering if any of you could install the driver under a 2.6.25 rc kernel??

Cause 8,2 couldn't install...

I d like to test the 2,6,25 kernel but don't know if fglrx approves it!
    I can't get 8.3 to compile on 2.6.25-rc4. It gives two errors. I made a posting here yesterday and so far no more has responded on to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• legume
    replied
    Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
    Does this mean that it works, with 3D acceleration? I was considering buying an AGP card for an older system, and I was wondering how well it works.
    Yes 3d is working, I haven't tried anything recent yet - but then I only have a 32 bit single processor (AMD XP - barton 2500 @ 2GHz + slowish ram) and that will probably be the bottleneck.

For older games it's OK, I can get > 90fps with quake3demo timedemos @ 1280x1024 with all settings high.

Leave a comment:

• djdoo
    replied
    Hey guys I have a question...

I was wondering if any of you could install the driver under a 2.6.25 rc kernel??

Cause 8,2 couldn't install...

I d like to test the 2,6,25 kernel but don't know if fglrx approves it!

Leave a comment:

• Extreme Coder
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I believe AGP is generally working fully on 5xx (X1xxx) and below but generally not working yet with 6xx (HD2xxx).
    Why do the 6xx AGP series not work? They're the most available ones here

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I believe AGP is generally working fully on 5xx (X1xxx) and below but generally not working yet with 6xx (HD2xxx).

Leave a comment:

• Extreme Coder
    replied
    Originally posted by legume View Post
    Ok I retract that - it does work.

I have to set GART to 512 in bios and preload nvidia-agp.

I don't know why that failed before. I did notice fglrx_uninstall.sh doesn't clean /etc/ati so have started removing that manually between driver installs.

It doesn't seem to matter that ATI GART still reports 256 in logs (I know I can tweak that with an Option - it works either way).

Currently my config has no Device options, Screen set at 1280x1024.

Xv works - thanks Devs.
    Does this mean that it works, with 3D acceleration? I was considering buying an AGP card for an older system, and I was wondering how well it works.

Leave a comment:

• xeros
    replied
    Has anyone had and get rid of X-window crash (so only sysrq works) on logout/shutdown/reboot from X? I've got it from few releases. I've even done dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg -p high (for clean config with radeon driver) and then aticonfig -f --initial but it's not going to be solved. The bug exists even when I use only one display/monitor.

Leave a comment:

• NeoBrain
    replied
    Wow, I'm just testing Compiz again and between the last 4 releases (as only 8.43 and 8.47 worked for me) performance has
    improved VERY much, as I finally don't notice any lag when moving windows or rotating the desktop cube.
    Good job ATI devs, keep on improving the driver that well!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X