Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew_S
    replied
    i sadly find myself re-installing SuSE 10.3 honestly, ati has big issues, this will take many hours of my time as i rebuild my system, I allready spend many many hours trying to fix ati myself, but no matter what i did, it would get to starting X and get to a white screen and hard lockup, i went to init 3, same deal (in 8.40.4) seems 8.3 does not clean up after its self well (used fglrx-uninstall)

Leave a comment:

• linzerd
    replied
    Well Resonance378, you have a point.. We must push changes from the community to improve and push AMD developers to build the documentation and to fix things the driver still lacks... I believe it is the only way to do it... AMD guys are doing the best they can, and community involvement reporting bugs and asking for docs has been of importance in resolving some annoying bugs (like the crappy XVideo issue, not perfect yet, but addressed at least)...
    The important thing is that the will of improving things is present, so i give my trust to AMD developers, that in next releases they'll release documentation for the driver... And remember that most times developers aren't connected with support unities directly, really a shame... company policies really should change...
    Last edited by linzerd; 03-12-2008, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_S
    replied
    ok, i just tried the latest 8.3 driver, one thing and i will use it, i need xvideo to work for video, but it just gives a blue screen. compiz fusion works great. but since xvideo doesnt, im back to 8.40.4

Leave a comment:

• Resonance378
    replied
    Originally posted by linzerd View Post
    no... we must build it... the documentation fot fglrx available is clearly outdated... maybe brigdman and the amd developers team could help us...
    I'd more than love this given the absolutely terrible time I'm having with ATI's own ticket system and their owe so typical boiler plate responses.

Drivers provided "as is" -Go here and fill out another yet another form.

WTF Mate!? Shouldn't you be forwarding that on to your Linux support unit!? How's that for customer experience?

Old docs make reference to FGLRX settings and thats it. 2 year old posts from the wine group reference them here and there, but there isn't squat for documentation.

Meanwhile all I'm looking for is HOWTO enable PBUFFER support for the in game minimap in WOW properly so that it doesn't turn white when I take my avatar indoors.

Leave a comment:

• Cable
    replied
    Well, I installed the driver and it seems to be working fine with the exception of Compiz. I made a post about it on the Ubuntu forums here. If you could give me any advice on how to fix the problem, I will love you! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• NeoBrain
    replied
    By the way, has anyone tried to run Warcraft 3 under Wine using 8.3?
    The graphics are quite broken for me, I hope this will get fixed in future fglrx versions... (though it could also be a wine regression, I am using 0.9.57)

Leave a comment:

• xeros
    replied
    Originally posted by Malek View Post
    God dammit, still...

Code:
    (EE) fglrx(1): [DRI] Locking deadlock.
            Already locked with context 137036428,
            trying to lock with context 2.
    (EE) fglrx(1): [DRI] Unlocking inconsistency:
            Context 137036428 trying to unlock lock held by context 2
    Repeated X infinity in my Xorg.0.log, and GLX works (sort of, it works once then hangs on any subsequent requests) on one screen only.

Anyone? Setup is 2 monitors in dtop=horizontal configuration.
    Any configuration with more than one monitor in fglrx is real pain. For example I haven't success with compiz+fglrx+dualhead (GL_texture_from_pixmap missing and Xorg crash with problem as you mentioned when using indirect rendering) and this problem occurs on every apllication which wants to use indirect rendering (even "glxinfo -i") - Xorg crash and infinite loop... With previous fglrx releases there were more problems (even with direct rendering crashes). I'd suggest you to use single head for now waiting for radeon or fglrx driver fixes or try dualhead setup with vertical arrangement of displays (there can be problems with 2048x2048 all displays resolution).

Leave a comment:

• sloggerKhan
    replied
    I'm pretty sure every ati fglrx release I've ever used shows two xorg processes. I've always wondered about that.

Leave a comment:

• Malek
    replied
    God dammit, still...

Code:
    Repeated X infinity in my Xorg.0.log, and GLX works (sort of, it works once then hangs on any subsequent requests) on one screen only.

Anyone? Setup is 2 monitors in dtop=horizontal configuration.

Leave a comment:

• Vighy
    replied
    Originally posted by Osado View Post
    Even when this release is working pretty well for me (having the already mentioned flicker using xvideo on compiz), anyone noticed two X processes?
    One seems to be running, the other not, but both of them are wasting the same amount of memory...

[[email protected] ~]$ ps aux | grep "X"
    toni 7620 0.0 0.0 3112 1012 tty1 S+ Mar10 0:00 xinit /usr/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc -- -auth /home/toni/.serverauth.7604 -deferglyphs 16
    root 7621 5.7 6.4 148784 134428 tty7 Rs+ Mar10 4:36 /etc/X11/X :0 -auth /home/toni/.serverauth.7604 -deferglyphs 16
    root 7644 0.0 6.4 148784 134428 tty7 S+ Mar10 0:00 /etc/X11/X :0 -auth /home/toni/.serverauth.7604 -deferglyphs 16

KSysGuard shows 311456 MB for both. Is some mirror effect?

Osado
    under AMD64 it was already an issue of the previous releases.

don't know why they didn't fix it yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X