Radeon Driver Gets Textured Video (Xv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
    if that could help you devs to get it working i'd be glad to try it out and see if it works.
    This patch enables exa render accel (for rotation) and textured video for XPRESS cards:

Let me know if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by xpgdk View Post
      On my RS690 (Asus M2A-VM) I get nothing but strangely coloured triangles.
      Could this be due to lack of proper DRI drivers?
      I have now upgraded to latest git of mesa, drm and xf86-video-ati and xvideo finally works. There is some tearing and the picture is wobbling -- not much, but enough for a headache.

Really nice to see the progress. Looking forward to be able to use my X1250 IGP :-)

/Paul

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        This patch enables exa render accel (for rotation) and textured video for XPRESS cards:

Let me know if it works.
        hmmm.... i was able to enable rendering and exa compositing but texturedvideo is still ignored on my board. i'll try to recompile the driver, drm and mesa and see if something changes. for now the first impression is that it works quite well. i'll try out also compiz and see what happens.
        randr is still disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
          hmmm.... i was able to enable rendering and exa compositing but texturedvideo is still ignored on my board. i'll try to recompile the driver, drm and mesa and see if something changes. for now the first impression is that it works quite well. i'll try out also compiz and see what happens.
          randr is still disabled.
          You don't need to rebuild mesa or the drm, just the radeon ddx. make sure you apply the patch and install the driver in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            You don't need to rebuild mesa or the drm, just the radeon ddx. make sure you apply the patch and install the driver in the right place.
            sorry, i had to remove the previous radeon module and then reload drm and radeon to have textured video enabled.

here's my log:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

it seems that everything is working well. i haven't got any problem with the exception of aiglx:

#
            (EE) AIGLX error: dlsym for __driCreateNewScreen_20050727 failed (/usr/lib64/dri/r300_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driCreateNewScreen_20050727)
            #
            (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
            i'll try to see what happens with compiz as soon as i compile it (i'm on gentoo). it seems that i have xvmc extension loaded but as xvmc hasn't been implemented it's not used.
            i'll try out some video and see what happens. i seemed to had divx5 video accel previous to this release. in the next days i'll let you know how i feel with rendering and textured video.
            exa is as usual faulty (has the same artifacts that fglrx had without xaanoffscreenpixmaps set to true), but somehow faster that last week's version.
            opengl apps don't work (hung on or don't even start).
            if that's the case i don't think that compiz could run, but i'll give it a try, nevertheless.
            i'll give you more info on request or some user impressions in the next days with different configurations.

Comment

That divx5 acceleration of yours is still a mystery
              Test signature

Comment

is any there .deb packages for xpress200m and x1600xt? does tvtime work with this drivers?

Comment

ok, i've compiled it from the git. It works fine on xpress200m, even XV support whoohoo, but without DRI option enabled. Once I enabled it - screen freezes. But I can't see any errors in Xorg.0.log - it looks like system working stable. Log writes than DRI enabled, acceleration enabled etc. But I see only corrupted wallpaper, no keyboard shortcuts work. Does it mean that on x200m direct rendering shouldn't work now? Or it is my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    That divx5 acceleration of yours is still a mystery
                    it's still a mistery to me too since it shouldn't be there.... but as i've said if on fglrx the same video in the same player with the same settings bumps the processor to his highest speed with big cpu usage while on radeon it's at less than 20% at the lowest speed value then the only explanation is that something's going at the hw level.... maybe my board is an alien made one that has something strange in it....

ok, i've compiled it from the git. It works fine on xpress200m, even XV support whoohoo, but without DRI option enabled. Once I enabled it - screen freezes. But I can't see any errors in Xorg.0.log - it looks like system working stable. Log writes than DRI enabled, acceleration enabled etc. But I see only corrupted wallpaper, no keyboard shortcuts work. Does it mean that on x200m direct rendering shouldn't work now? Or it is my problem?
                    dri works, but on xv overlay you cannot use any opengl app. also you'd have to turn the mtrr to on, while on fglrx you have to have it on off. i've also seen that i have depth moves and page flipping enabled with radeon.

Comment

in the current driver version the image corruption when moving a texturedvideo window partially off-screen (without composite) is fixed when moving the window out at the right or bottom border.
                      but when moving the window out at the left border the right part of the video is not redrawn and you cannot move the video over the top border (you can move the window, but the video itself does not move higher).

somehow these changes also broke overscan as used by tvtime. i remember that this was also broken in fglrx-overlay for a long time, but they fixed it eventually...

Comment

Working...
                      X