No announcement yet.

What Will AMD Open Up Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Thanks AMD for opening up the GPU docs!

Comment

Yeah, I must say the future looks very bright for the open source side of things here. Very happy with what has occurred. What do I think they will open up next? Who knows, all I know is at this point, I can't complain.

Comment

the question should be "what will nvidia do?:

Comment

Perhaps nvidia is quietly going thru their own code and docs now to see what can be released as OSS. I predict an announcement will be imminent

Comment

Alex W. Jackson, thank you for claryfing me the details about R200.
            Yes, I meant WINE. Many games which were working without problems with better graphic cards on Linux with WINE and even with R200 on Windows doesn't work with R200 on Linux with WINE so I was blaming the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex W. Jackson View Post
              As far as I know, the open source R200 driver currently supports everything the card is capable of, including vertex and pixel shaders.
              There's a few things missing from the R200 support- such as HyperZ, which would add more speed to the driver support we have. We don't have any good way to RE that piece and they don't seem to have given us that tidbit of info at the time we got the rest for some reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                There's a few things missing from the R200 support- such as HyperZ, which would add more speed to the driver support we have. We don't have any good way to RE that piece and they don't seem to have given us that tidbit of info at the time we got the rest for some reason...
                Hyper Z is supported on r100 and r200, however, IIRC, you have to enable it via a dri option.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                  Hyper Z is supported on r100 and r200, however, IIRC, you have to enable it via a dri option.
                  Really? Cool. When did that actually get added in? (Seems I missed out on that detail- won't be making those remarks again... )

All this means is that I get to turn on a few more things in my R200 laptop. Heh...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Really? Cool. When did that actually get added in?
                    Several years ago. I don't remember exactly when.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      Several years ago. I don't remember exactly when.

Alex
                      Heh... It figures... Last couple of years have been a bit of a foggy blur in some aspects.

Thanks for the tidbit.

Comment

Working...
                      X