Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to setup dual GPU?

Hello,

I just got a new intel CPU that has an integrated GPU and now I am wondering how to set up my system.
    I already have a Radeon 280x on the open source driver and play games with it, both natives and through wine.
    I'd like to be able to use Qemu's passthrough, so for that I suppose I would need to plug my main monitor to my motherboard's HDMI instead of my Radeon's. But then would I be able to play native games on the radeon?
    Same thing for Xorg, is there a good way to setup both cards or does it have to be one at a time and restarting Xorg when I need the other?

Thanks!

Originally posted by geearf View Post
    Hello,

I just got a new intel CPU that has an integrated GPU and now I am wondering how to set up my system.
    I already have a Radeon 280x on the open source driver and play games with it, both natives and through wine.
    I'd like to be able to use Qemu's passthrough, so for that I suppose I would need to plug my main monitor to my motherboard's HDMI instead of my Radeon's. But then would I be able to play native games on the radeon?
    Same thing for Xorg, is there a good way to setup both cards or does it have to be one at a time and restarting Xorg when I need the other?

Thanks!
    I did manage to get qemu to passthrough a radeon6850. It worked ok, just needed a monitor to plug into the 6850 for the guest OS. Then the host of course still needs a monitor plugged into the APU.

Comment

I'm thinking of using my AVR for the multiple monitors needed.
      To get passthrough working, did you have to change anything system wise to use the on-board GPU instead?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        I'm thinking of using my AVR for the multiple monitors needed.
        To get passthrough working, did you have to change anything system wise to use the on-board GPU instead?

Thanks!
        No, I just followed gentoo's qemu guide. I just went through the guide step by step.

Comment

Working...
        X