No announcement yet.

8.02 "Another Cr*ppy Release Edition" ACRE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question, will the installation guide below for gutsy work if I'm using Hardy and want to upgrade from 8.01 to 8.02?

Thanks.

Comment

To completely clean dkms I would use that:

dkms remove $(dkms status 2>/dev/null|awk '/^fglrx/{print "-m "$1" -v "$2}'|sed 's/,//g;s/:$//'|uniq) --all

If that doesnot work the brute force method:

rm -rf /var/lib/dkms/fglrx

I am testing dkms too currently, and found that a dkms error in /etc/kernel/prerm.d/dkms:

arch=`echo "$line" | awk '{print $4}' | sed 's/:$//'`

There is a "," instead of a ":".

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        To completely clean dkms I would use that:

dkms remove $(dkms status 2>/dev/null|awk '/^fglrx/{print "-m "$1" -v "$2}'|sed 's/,//g;s/:$//'|uniq) --all

If that doesnot work the brute force method:

rm -rf /var/lib/dkms/fglrx

I am testing dkms too currently, and found that a dkms error in /etc/kernel/prerm.d/dkms:

arch=`echo "$line" | awk '{print $4}' | sed 's/:$//'`

There is a "," instead of a ":".
        Thanks for the help, but I ended up figuring it out for myself (surprise). In any case, I've got things working now. And only one weird problem, too. (XV overlay is blank, x11 overlay works (like xv overlay, only it doesn't render subs nicely) and opengl overlay works better than before. OpenGL overlay uses much more CPU than x11 overlay, but renders subs nicely and has slight video tearing (though improved compared to last release), And no idea why it's blanking on xv overlay, though without subs the x11 overlay is performing well)
        Last edited by sloggerKhan; 16 February 2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Mobility 9600 M10

Interval screen flicker is back again. I am using a Mobility 9600 M10 with the 8-02 Catalyst. sigh.

I am happy to have the first run glx program back in working order though

On a related matter, I tried submitting this to the amd driver bug reports but I never got any kind of feed back as to whether it was even received: Ever since Catalyst 7.11 Wings3D, a pretty stable 3D modeler, has experience significant slow downs. The slow downs are related to selecting faces of a mesh and moving the mouse around. This code has been stable and working for quite a long while and hasn't been changed recently AFAICT. Since backing down to 7.10 is known to solve the issue, I'm attributing the 'fault' with the drivers.

I hope I am not violating any board rules by linking to another, but here you can see others with similar problems on the dev board: http://p209.ezboard.com/ATI-Drivers-...cID=2968.topic

I really miss being able to use Wings3D, AMD.
          Last edited by tsuru; 15 February 2008, 10:32 PM.

Comment

8.2 driver broke 3D usage for my X1250!

I can load glesx module now but 3D apps are all corrupted!

I tried without glesx module but 3D corruption remains.

I will downgrade to 8.1...

Comment

Hi.. installed from official installer, the fresh catalyst...

Now everything works (not compiz-fusion, but this for a fedora update...) but IN AMCCCLE I CAN'T CHANGE ANTIALIASING AND ANISOTROPIC FILTER!

they are disabled!

alt controls (seems) to work....

fglrx is just working good... direct rendering ok...

is a problem related to no atieventd daemon installed and so on?? the official installer DOESN'T installed me these daemons...

Comment

I had similar problem. Glxgears works fine, but fgl_glxgears look exactly like in post #20 http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=20 glxgears (similar problems were reporded in other posts on this thread). I replaced file fglrx_dri.so by previous (8.01) release and that fixed my problem. I'm not wanna downgrade, because 8.02 release fixex bug #1003, which I experienced. Now I'am happy - no 1003 bug and good working sauerbraten and other games (which previously looked as fgl_glxgears).

My hardware:
                R420 JI (X800PRO or X800GTO) 256MB DDR1 AGP
                Athlon 64 3000+
                Via K8T800
                arch: x86_64
                Last edited by wojtek5001; 16 February 2008, 07:46 AM.

Comment

I tried what wojtek said above but I could never connect to X after that...

Comment

Originally posted by karlpiuemeno View Post
                    Hi.. installed from official installer, the fresh catalyst...

Now everything works (not compiz-fusion, but this for a fedora update...) but IN AMCCCLE I CAN'T CHANGE ANTIALIASING AND ANISOTROPIC FILTER!

they are disabled!

alt controls (seems) to work....

fglrx is just working good... direct rendering ok...

is a problem related to no atieventd daemon installed and so on?? the official installer DOESN'T installed me these daemons...
                    i had the same problem from Caalyst 7.11 to 7.12... you have to completely clean previous install of ati driver and the install the new one again

Comment

Originally posted by djdoo View Post
                      I tried what wojtek said above but I could never connect to X after that...
                      So Your X-server works, but You can't connect? Or what?

Comment

Working...
                      X