Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst Gaming Performance For BioShock Infinite On Linux

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMD Catalyst Gaming Performance For BioShock Infinite On Linux

    Phoronix: AMD Catalyst Gaming Performance For BioShock Infinite On Linux

    This week BioShock Infinite was finally released for Linux and thanks to this AAA game having good support for automated Linux benchmarking, I've been running some tests over the past two days. In this article is a look at the AMD Catalyst Linux performance for BioShock Infinite while another article in the next few days will compare the graphics card results to the NVIDIA GeForce line-up on Ubuntu, once completed.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=21556

  • #2
    Those are some decent frame rates for running at Ultra.

    For a comparison with Windows click here!

    Summary of link:
    1080p Ultra: 92 Avg
    1600p Ultra: 53 Avg

    R9 290
    Last edited by profoundWHALE; 19 March 2015, 07:08 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      Those are some impressive frame rates for running at Ultra
      Wait for the NVIDIA results.... Literally five minutes after writing the article the first of the NVIDIA tests wrapped up.... Will likely have a preview of the NVIDIA numbers tomorrow. (It's takling a while as at same time also running new Metro Redux tests.)
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
        Those are some impressive frame rates for running at Ultra
        Meh. A R9 290 averages 92 frames on Ulta @ 1080p on Windows. 46 FPS is pretty disappointing.
        http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...iew-feat-xfx/5

        EDIT: You ninja edited your post before mine.

        Comment


        • #5
          2gb 270x performing almost equal to 4gb 290 at 2560x1600 -> extremely obvious CPU bottleneck somewhere

          ffs release your linux ports as betas first so they don't get such shitty reviews. How hard would it be to pay someone who works on mesa to optimize your game? The people they're currently paying are obviously clueless.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Wait for the NVIDIA results.... Literally five minutes after writing the article the first of the NVIDIA tests wrapped up.... Will likely have a preview of the NVIDIA numbers tomorrow. (It's takling a while as at same time also running new Metro Redux tests.)
            Michael, is there any chance there will be some head to head amd mesa vs nvidia proprietary benchmarks soon?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Wait for the NVIDIA results.... Literally five minutes after writing the article the first of the NVIDIA tests wrapped up.... Will likely have a preview of the NVIDIA numbers tomorrow. (It's takling a while as at same time also running new Metro Redux tests.)
              Not sure if it helps but I ran the bioshock-infinite benchmark on my Geforce 970M 3Gb on Ubuntu 15.04 (only Ultra @ 1080P) using Primus.

              http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...KH-31909346U17

              (Shows my Intel Card, but that is definately my 970M)

              Comment


              • #8
                CPU bottleneck on a i7-5960x? Crappy port is more like it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                  Meh. A R9 290 averages 92 frames on Ulta @ 1080p on Windows. 46 FPS is pretty disappointing.
                  http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...iew-feat-xfx/5

                  EDIT: You ninja edited your post before mine.
                  Sorry! I looked at the 270X and then quickly posted the 290 so I changed impressive to decent lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                    Michael, is there any chance there will be some head to head amd mesa vs nvidia proprietary benchmarks soon?
                    I'm obviously not Michael, but this comparison is not possible, as Bioshock Infinite needs OpenGL 4.2 and Mesa only provides 3.3.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X