More AMD RadeonSI Improvements Land In Mesa Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kraut View Post
    Some updates from the last days fixed all the frame lag in valley for my 7870. Here are some numbers.

Preset: Extreme HD (1080p)
    Linux 3.19.0-rc6 x86_64 with oibaf of course
    Average FPS: 21.7

Compared to win7 DX11:
    Average FPS: 32.9
    Your numbers would probably be higher if you didn't use oibaf. It ships with outdated llvm and it's exactly in newer llvm where you can expect performance gains.

There was another ppa that shipped with latest llvm and also provided the components oibaf already provides, but I don't remember its name right now.
    Will dig for you if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
      Your numbers would probably be higher if you didn't use oibaf. It ships with outdated llvm and it's exactly in newer llvm where you can expect performance gains.

There was another ppa that shipped with latest llvm and also provided the components oibaf already provides, but I don't remember its name right now.
      Completely agree, nobody should ever use oibaf with radeonsi. You will get a +30% improvement in unigine if you switch to a ppa with llvm git (I don't remember the name, sorry)
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
        Do so, please!
        I tryed xorg edgers, but that gives around the same fps with way lower min. fps.

Comment

I found ppaaulo-miguel-dias/mesa, that one uses oibaf parts. But it is for Ubuntu 14.10 and I still use 14.04.

Comment

I found ppaaulo-miguel-dias/mesa, that one uses oibaf parts. But it is for Ubuntu 14.10 and I still use 14.04.
            Why not dist-upgrade?

Better still, try arch + lcarlier.

I was too in 14.04 for about a year and then I directly switched to arch. Obtaining experimental and up-to-date packages is much easier there.

Comment

Some updates from the last days fixed all the frame lag in valley for my 7870.
              Likely this mesa patch helped http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...08491c7f63b585

I don't recommend using current llvm without patching, there is a awfull bugs as svn228228... the best is build llvm for yourself and patch to turn subreg liveness off until it is fixed .
              Last edited by dungeon; 07 February 2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X