Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon DRM Changes For The Linux 3.20 Kernel

Phoronix: Radeon DRM Changes For The Linux 3.20 Kernel

Alex Deucher has sent in his DRM-Next changes for the open-source Radeon graphics driver updates that will target the Linux 3.20 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Radeon DRM Changes For The Linux 3.20 Kernel

Alex Deucher has sent in his DRM-Next changes for the open-source Radeon graphics driver updates that will target the Linux 3.20 kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Linux-3.20-DRM
    What i don't see is HW accel video bugs being fixed and that pains me.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      What i don't see is HW accel video bugs being fixed and that pains me.
      What do you mean by that, something is fixed but not mentioned there? Or you have some bug not fixed.

Comment

Gstreamer vdpau gets stuck from time to time (and hangs FF). If you play a video on youtube twice (or something that loops like vine) the second time around the quality is horrid. Gstreamer vaapi shows a green screen.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          What do you mean by that, something is fixed but not mentioned there? Or you have some bug not fixed.
          there are many known bugs and none is fixed

Comment

@89c51

Do you have bug open for that? I would like to reporduce that, but i never used gstreamer in FF for youtube might help to explain there how to setup and reproduce that.

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            there are many known bugs and none is fixed
            I read bugzilla, something that is not reproducable or good explained is hard to get fixed.

BTW, none is strong word - some getting fixed of course
            Last edited by dungeon; 22 January 2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Install gstreamer and have it setup with FF.

Install libvdpau. Install gst-vaapi, libva, libva-vdpau-driver (maybe other deps) and set the LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=vdpau. Then set it to vaapi. Test both with videos from youtube or go to vine.

Comment

A friend of mine have a Mac Mini PowerPc G4 with a Radeon 9200.

What a pain.

The machine worked more or less at the time of Debian Wheezy (User modesetting).

But now, in testing, Xorg uses KMS and the Radeon KMS driver support for this card is awful.

The desktop (Mate) freezes at no more than 2 minutes of usage. I mean, light usage like open menus to browse the installed apps, for example.

Bad experience for people who get stucked with no more Apple support for PPC MAC OS X and wanted to reutilize its machines with Linux.

Comment

Does anybody know what the "SMC" in "SMC fan control" stands for?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                    A friend of mine have a Mac Mini PowerPc G4 with a Radeon 9200.

What a pain.

The machine worked more or less at the time of Debian Wheezy (User modesetting).

But now, in testing, Xorg uses KMS and the Radeon KMS driver support for this card is awful.

The desktop (Mate) freezes at no more than 2 minutes of usage. I mean, light usage like open menus to browse the installed apps, for example.

Bad experience for people who get stucked with no more Apple support for PPC MAC OS X and wanted to reutilize its machines with Linux.
                    PPC32 died a long long time ago. Move on. No improved support for it in sight ever

Comment

Working...
                    X