Radeon DRM Changes For The Linux 3.20 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    There is Amiga community outhere besides their OS, they use linux also AmigaOne X1000 CPU is ppc64 architecture, according to that radeon works mostly fine there (only with few patches i think)

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment....a3f9f3dc20f39b
    Yeah, Fedora also has PPC64 as secondary arch. I was more trying to be amusing with the PPC64 comment, I'm well aware it's alive, I just have never personally got my paws one such hardware

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
      You have a point.

But, about the Radeon driver, isn't supposed to be platform independent?

I mean, if this driver it's being supported in some manner on X86, why didn't work well on another architecture?
      For the most part it does, but there are not many users using non-x86 platforms so they rarely get tested. Also older hw doesn't get tested very often either. E.g., the radeon 9200 is like 12 years old. Moreover just about everything on a mac is non-standard so they usually require a bunch of board specific quirks that regular boards don't require.

Comment

Hey, finally, a post about my work!

And Michael didn't even mention my name :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
          How do you set vaapi up? Arch has a libva-mesa-driver package that contains gallium_drv_video.so. You need that, then set LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=gallium
          Thats what i did and get the green screen.

Also i tried removing gst-vaapi and using that is inside gst-plugin-bad with vdpau and doesn't work. Falls back to software.

Oh and one more thing that hasn;t been fixed and is annoying is the flick of the screen when the clock speed changes when accelerating video.
          Last edited by 89c51; 22 January 2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonai View Post

Which one on the list is you? I don't see any Adonai on that list...

Comment

Originally posted by Adonai View Post

Bribe Michael. How do you think many devs get their name on the front page of phoronix.

Comment

Does anyone know if Amd dual graphics with Kaveri works with RadeonSI? Also where are they those Kaveri 35watt laptop versions?

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
                  Does anyone know if Amd dual graphics with Kaveri works with RadeonSI?
                  Dual graphics in Crossfire mode is not implemented for the moment.

You could use your dGPU for rendering in Prime configuration. In DRI2 this is mostly broken for the moment. See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PRIME.

But you could try to compile/obtain Mesa/X.org with DRI3 support. That might work better.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
                    Also where are they those Kaveri 35watt laptop versions?
                    I know for at least this one Asus X550ZE

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                      You have a point.

But, about the Radeon driver, isn't supposed to be platform independent?

I mean, if this driver it's being supported in some manner on X86, why didn't work well on another architecture?
                      It is endianess issue. Macs run in big endian mode, while x86 is little endian. Drivers are tested for little only. That is why IBM made POWER8 bi-endian. You can run it in little endian mode now, and most things would work with simple recompile. RHEL and SUSE now have two POWER ports, little and big endian.

Comment

Working...
                      X