Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9550 tv-out problem

Hi!

I tried tv-out on ubuntu gutsy with livecd. I installed ati drivers and xrandr from git. After I restart gdm the screen resolution drops and it recognized tvm but it's not in sync. I think it's the PAL issue.

I tried maybe a month back and then it didn't recognize the tv but could be forced on and it worked.
    I didn't upgrade the couse I could not get dual head to work properly (didn't now the Virtual thing in xorg)

I don't have the logs couse I was using LiveCD to test.

I would like to use opensource drivers couse XV is broken with newer fglrx drivers. I can get XV to work with 8.35.5 drivers but some programs can't recognize xv is working. I use now xineliboutput with vdr and it works, but I cannot upgrade to gutsy couse these fglrx drivers doesn't work anymore with xserver 1.3.

Can you point me to right direction how to get tv-out to work?

- Jaba

When you use the right way to install the drivers you can force 8.33.6 and newer to work with Xserver 1.3+. Down to 8.39.4 with kernel 2.6.24 (gutsy uses 2.6.22). If you boot gutsy - even as live mode - my script does work:

use

-v 8.35.5

as option to force your beloved driver release

Comment

Originally posted by Jaba View Post
      Hi!

I tried tv-out on ubuntu gutsy with livecd. I installed ati drivers and xrandr from git. After I restart gdm the screen resolution drops and it recognized tvm but it's not in sync. I think it's the PAL issue.

I tried maybe a month back and then it didn't recognize the tv but could be forced on and it worked.
      I didn't upgrade the couse I could not get dual head to work properly (didn't now the Virtual thing in xorg)

I don't have the logs couse I was using LiveCD to test.

I would like to use opensource drivers couse XV is broken with newer fglrx drivers. I can get XV to work with 8.35.5 drivers but some programs can't recognize xv is working. I use now xineliboutput with vdr and it works, but I cannot upgrade to gutsy couse these fglrx drivers doesn't work anymore with xserver 1.3.

Can you point me to right direction how to get tv-out to work?

- Jaba
      pal should work with ati git. does reverting commit: 719a9a376e34d99032af75e3f7b002670ccb816b
      help? If not, can you post your log and config somewhere and I'll take a look.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        pal should work with ati git. does reverting commit: 719a9a376e34d99032af75e3f7b002670ccb816b
        help? If not, can you post your log and config somewhere and I'll take a look.

Alex
        Reverting worked. Thanks for help.

Comment

dual-head setup

Hi guys,

now it works like a charm, but there is minor problem.

I have dual-head configuration, TV on left and LCD on right. System opens every window on TV, but I need it to open those windows on LCD.

I hope someone knows how to do that. It's getting late and I'm going to bed.

- Jaba

Comment

Originally posted by Jaba View Post
            Hi guys,

now it works like a charm, but there is minor problem.

I have dual-head configuration, TV on left and LCD on right. System opens every window on TV, but I need it to open those windows on LCD.

I hope someone knows how to do that. It's getting late and I'm going to bed.

- Jaba
            My mistake, it opens windows where the mouse cursor is. But I like to have those desktop icons on LCD not TV.

Comment

Working...
            X