Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fglrx 8.01 - Breaks TV-OUT ? (and terrible! glxgears performance...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that you're using NewsBin Pro - I have actually had a lot more success with Hellanzb.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyh View Post
      Interesting that you're using NewsBin Pro - I have actually had a lot more success with Hellanzb.
      Running a Windows desktop, I had already purchased Newsbin Pro at a discount with my Giganews account. I am used to it so I tried it under WINE and it works great. I never bothered to check out any Linux based alternatives. I will look into Hellanzb to see how it compares.

Thanks

Comment

I gave Hellanzb a try and it worked but I am sticking with Newsbin Pro. Hellanzb reported too many errors when unraring the downloads recommending that I use command line par2. Each time I used Par2 it reported that the rar files were fine. I do not have this problem with Newsbin Pro.

Comment

I finally got component working and have my main monitor as my HDTV at 1920x1080i under Ubuntu 7.10

It was faily easy as I broke down and bought a Nvidia 8600GTS for $160 CDN. Driver installation was quick (used Envy) and getting the HDTV displaying in both Windows and Linux was a cinch. No windowed or fullscrean video tearing even with Compiz-Fusion, just turn "Sync To VBlank" on in both Nvidia control panel (2 places) and in the "General Options/Display Settings" for Compiz-Fusion.

Do not waste your hard earned time on ATI if you really want to use Linux. ATI is a Windows only solution and surely works great with that OS.

This is my last post in the ATI forum. I am now free of VISTA and ATI.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyh View Post
            2) glxgears performance is awful (60 FPS!)
            That's a result of vsync enabled (having "Vertical Refresh" in amdcccle set to some value on the right side, like "Quality")... Switch it off and run glxgears again.

Comment

Working...
            X