AMD's Open-Source Radeon Linux Driver: 2014 Was Incredible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Yeah, currently it is month broken by intel's guy https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86837
    uh oh ... is this with mesa 10.5 or other git stuff? Or will I hit the problem with stable stuff also?

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
      Thats not the bad thing. The problem is thats this commit is not reverted :/
      It is not bad thing, if you are not affected .

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
      uh oh ... is this with mesa 10.5 or other git stuff? Or will I hit the problem with stable stuff also?
      It is just 10.5 git, earlier and 10.4 are of course not affected by that.

Comment

Yeah, currently it is month broken by intel's guy https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86837
        Vdpau works (gst-vaapi using vdpau backend). However if i play i video on YT twice the second time it creates artifacts. Plus a flicker on the screen everytime the uvd changes clock speed. Vaapi state tracker doesn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          Vdpau works (gst-vaapi using vdpau backend). However if i play i video on YT twice the second time it creates artifacts. Plus a flicker on the screen everytime the uvd changes clock speed. Vaapi state tracker doesn't work for me.
          Voila that is the bug we talking about, it does not just segfault but can create artifacts too .

It is broken if you ask me, i can't recommend anyone to use git if he want reliable UVD working, better use 10.4 mesa at least until this is fixed

Comment

Cheers

Hopefully, we will see less improvments in radeon next year (it is imposibile to see more performance improments like in this year, of course still some smaller percentage gain is posibile) and more talks going on about amdgpu driver
            F***ck the amdgpu driver. Another reason to move almost all cards to legacy state. Just wait for it, it will come and be even worse than fglrx. Then you will cry...

Comment

Voila that is the bug we talking about, it does not just segfault but can create artifacts too .

It is broken if you ask me, i can't recommend anyone to use git if he want reliable UVD working, better use 10.4 mesa at least until this is fixed
              It's been like that since they enabled UVD. I am on 10.4.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                F***ck the amdgpu driver. Another reason to move almost all cards to legacy state. Just wait for it, it will come and be even worse than fglrx. Then you will cry...
                I will cry now . I understand radeon has a lot of 15 year legacy in it, it is better to go with separate code then to broke radeon... Do you want that they break radeon driver for about year, two or completely, or to just keep things separete and don't broke it ?

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                  It's been like that since they enabled UVD. I am on 10.4.
                  OK then, i somehow like to talk about current stuff... when someone said "it works for me" i think that is about very current git code, because that is what i use most of the time If i need something more stable, of course i use some stable git.
                  Last edited by dungeon; 27 December 2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I will cry now .
                    I was hoping for this. Please share a photo and make a facebook event about it.

Comment

Great Last Month

Besides the usual fps improvements, I got the correction of artifacts in Left 4 Dead 2, great reduction of stuttering in Euro Truck Simulator 2 (plus about 30% fps gains), Unreal Engine 4 demos rendering correctly.

The only big problem right now (R9 290/radeonsi) is the artifacts I got with 120Hz in my monitor. With fglrx is okay. Were is the correct place to put a bug report about this?

Comment

Working...
                      X