X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kraut
    replied
    Originally posted by looserouting View Post
    hmm.. sorry i don't get that. i alwasy thought stutter is the same as too low fps.
    please explain what you saying. btw i don't recognized any stutter while playing.
    Stutter is when you dont get any new frames for some amount of time.
    Imagen every ten seconds your image will freeze for half a second.
    Or every 4-5 frame there won't be a new frame.
    That would be stutter.

Stutters are also one of the main problem with SLI/Crossfire setups. (Not related to oss drivers, they don't have multi GPU support)

Leave a comment:

• pjezek
    replied
    I appreciate

Many thanks to all developers converting "poor relative" OSS stuff to well competitive and utilising most of what HW design offers. My HD 5570 Redwood G600 has got more "vis vitalis" than ever expected. Much more speed, much lower consumption, cool and quiet operation. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
    Which OSS operating system are you thinking instead of Linux?
    Are there any with stable driver interface? If so, that one. It doesn't really matter tho, I like the current situation, it's acceptable.
    Last edited by duby229; 28 December 2014, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• looserouting
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Yeah a little bit more fps but with more stutter, 3.19 is also with no much more fps but even less stutter then 3.18, etc... Very high fps rate is not always good, when you consider render quality too

Hopefully si-scheduler will came in llvm 3.6, performance goes up in demanding cases with that... and a little bit more stutter - all is good if it does not introduce awfull stutter
    hmm.. sorry i don't get that. i alwasy thought stutter is the same as too low fps.
    please explain what you saying. btw i don't recognized any stutter while playing.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Grumble Grumble Toil and Trouble. Why don't you benchmark what I humble?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
    And why don't you simply exchange the R7 260X in the LinuxBenchmarking.com system with the HD 7850 or the R9 270X?
    Because it's lower power.

Leave a comment:

• drSeehas
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Meant the R7 260X as what's stuck in the LinuxBenchmarking.com system.
    And why don't you simply exchange the R7 260X in the LinuxBenchmarking.com system with the HD 7850 or the R9 270X?

Leave a comment:

• drSeehas
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Honestly I don't think full scale hardware support on launch day will ever be feasible with OSS drivers. At least not on linux...
    Which OSS operating system are you thinking instead of Linux?

Leave a comment:

• anda_skoa
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Honestly I don't think full scale hardware support on launch day will ever be feasible with OSS drivers.
    Only if the open sourcing is done as an after thought and the legal auditing takes longer than what the launch date allows for.

If the development is already done with a FOSS licence or the time for the audit is properly planned into the development cycle then this should be as doable as having a proprietary driver ready at launch date.

Cheers,
    _

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    I set up an HTPC the other week, based on an A4 APU, running OpenELEC which is an embedded linux distro based on XBMC/KODI.

Works out of the box, with power saving, GL effects, and silky-smooth VDPAU playback.

I remember when the r600c driver rendered its first triangle. Many thanks to the devs, and let's hope that 2015 is the year that brings full OpenCL compliance and OpenGL4.2!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X