Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Catalyst Linux Graphics Benchmarks Year-In-Review

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2014 Catalyst Linux Graphics Benchmarks Year-In-Review

    Phoronix: 2014 Catalyst Linux Graphics Benchmarks Year-In-Review

    With the year quickly coming to an end, it's time to do our year-end driver recap benchmarks from the year for the proprietary AMD and NVIDIA graphics drivers as well as the open-source drivers. To get things started, here's benchmarks done of the official AMD Catalyst Linux releases of 2014 and testing these drivers on three different graphics cards.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=21268

  • #2
    It seems as if they cannot get any additional performance out of Catalyst. Meanwhile, the open source Gallium3D drivers are catching up quickly.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great Job AMD!

      Seems like AMD stopped caring about their Radeon HD series cards.

      Very 'Nice' big 14.12 update, I see.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mmstick View Post
        It seems as if they cannot get any additional performance out of Catalyst. Meanwhile, the open source Gallium3D drivers are catching up quickly.
        They probably don't find the cause of the bottleneck. It's not that Catalyst is inefficient, it's just that it usually never uses 100% of the GPU. More like 50%, if at all. Something is just wrong.

        Comment


        • #5
          ondemand scaling strikes again

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mmstick View Post
            It seems as if they cannot get any additional performance out of Catalyst. Meanwhile, the open source Gallium3D drivers are catching up quickly.
            They already beat Catalyst to death unless you have some recent GCN crap.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yash View Post
              Seems like AMD stopped caring about their Radeon HD series cards.

              Very 'Nice' big 14.12 update, I see.
              Stopped? Did they ever care? o_O

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by yash View Post
                  Seems like AMD stopped caring about their Radeon HD series cards.

                  Very 'Nice' big 14.12 update, I see.
                  Actually, there is a very big difference between 14.12 and the drivers before...everything is not about performance. Wtih 14.12 all games and demos actually work and they work well .

                  I was actually suprised to see that now I am able to run the Metro: Redux games, the unreal engine demos work without a problem, all graphics glithes from Dota2, Civ5, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead are gone.

                  I love the 14.12 drivers!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vein View Post
                    Actually, there is a very big difference between 14.12 and the drivers before...everything is not about performance. Wtih 14.12 all games and demos actually work and they work well .

                    I was actually suprised to see that now I am able to run the Metro: Redux games, the unreal engine demos work without a problem, all graphics glithes from Dota2, Civ5, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead are gone.

                    I love the 14.12 drivers!
                    Now try running some games in wine...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X