• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wired
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @Wired

I highly doubt that. The standard oss driver works fine usually with these simple things. Also fglrx is maybe the worst driver for xv accelleration when you would own a newer gpu. Even beryl/compiz would work good with oss driver - with some special exceptions with my X700SE and Xserver 1.4 of course.
    I'd doubt it too if I hadn't experienced it. Actually I am reproducing it right now... I switched to the oss driver, complete with DRI and DMAforXV enabled and the (hd) video lags and breaks like hell.

Worked fine 10 minutes ago under fglrx...

On the other hand, I can't get compiz to work w/ fglrx so there's no definite winner...

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    You are not the only one who asks this. Btw. if you like go back to 8.39.4 *g*

Leave a comment:

• seeker010
    replied
    driver still hangs when upon access by first 3D app. after that everything is good. but why can't they fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    @Wired

I highly doubt that. The standard oss driver works fine usually with these simple things. Also fglrx is maybe the worst driver for xv accelleration when you would own a newer gpu. Even beryl/compiz would work good with oss driver - with some special exceptions with my X700SE and Xserver 1.4 of course.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    "slow 2d" is somewhat vague. Perhaps actually some tests (such as with x11perf), details of what hardware & software is running (including which version of xorg, xserver, which window manager, etc etc etc) would be helpful. I'm guessing no such issues arise on ati's test machines, and if people simply say "it's slow", they're going to completely ignore such comments because there's no basis. I'm also going to add that there's an awful lot between a video card driver, and moving a window about, and there's an awful lot where things can cause it to slow down. So at least compare quantifiable speeds with all other things equal other than video card drivers.
    Just my 2c.

Leave a comment:

• linzerd
    replied

Do you believe it? BUG Number 7? WTF? It has been there since 2005-01-17... people complains about slow 2d rendering, and ATI has slapped our faces...

Leave a comment:

• littlesaint
    replied
    Originally posted by linzerd View Post
    Well the 2d bug slugishness over time has been confirmed... what can we expect from a company that does not even have a good 2d driver? come on ATI/AMD stop wasting our time... and hire some testers too, because we are not your alpha testers, we are your customers!! and we demand drivers that at least are able to do some 2d rendering...
    Do you have a link to the bug confirmation?

Leave a comment:

• linzerd
    replied
    Well the 2d bug slugishness over time has been confirmed... what can we expect from a company that does not even have a good 2d driver? come on ATI/AMD stop wasting our time... and hire some testers too, because we are not your alpha testers, we are your customers!! and we demand drivers that at least are able to do some 2d rendering...

Leave a comment:

• Wired
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    I don't think that you need fglrx to downscale a video. What kind of compression did it use? Are you sure you used xv?
    It was WMV (the EVE Trinity 1920x1080 trailer).

worked perfectly well under fglrx (7.11 at that time if I remember correctly),

worked like crap w/ radeon - which I believe I had configured properly.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    I don't think that you need fglrx to downscale a video. What kind of compression did it use? Are you sure you used xv?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X