Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 14.12 Linux Driver Released -- Huge Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    @pandev92:

I had this bug a few months ago and got it fixed. Can't remember how, but I think it was something Vsync/vblank/Tear-Free related.

Xserver 1.17 is not released yet and Linux 3.18 might or might not work, they just haven't tested it yet.
    if you remember how would beee soo useful T_TA

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      It shouldn't be that way. There is a new driver in the making for GCN. Fglrx should be optimized for pre-GCN (5k and 6k series) cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
        Still no OpenGL 4.5?
        Currently supports half of it, so no at least not fully. Picture taken in Windows, i believe it is the similar situation with linux version of a driver.

But can't say for sure, this is low end/low power GCN part... might be there are some difference for big chips or Tonga, so dunno
        Last edited by dungeon; 09 December 2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Btw. this is the VA API support: A symlink from libXvBAW.so.1.0 to dri/fglrx_drv_video.so.
          That's funny. And people were calling me cynical because I said that AMD wouldn't contribute to upstream libva...

Comment

Yup I get the 5 extensions of 4.5 on my 7400.

Comment

If benchmarks for this prove to be value compared to the last release of catalyst, I'm very inclined to switch. It seems out of nowhere AMD is suddenly interested in keeping up with linux's catalyst and it might, for the time being, be better to use than mesa/gallium. I just hate the process of switching between drivers.

Comment

This new version of Catalyst is incompatible with Wine 1.7.32

Hi, anyone have noticed that this catalyst update is incompatible with Wine 1.7.32 (at least on Ubuntu 14.04.1 64 bits)? :s ,
                because the OpenCL packages I believe... (I think the error is on the Wine's team side).
                Last edited by castarco; 09 December 2014, 11:05 AM. Reason: Added extra info

Comment

Basically you can use now the "old" xvba-va-driver wrapper or the integrated one, you have got the choice. It seems to work with mpv, vlc vaapi x11, xbmc 13.2. Of course that stupid driver is not fit for linux 3.17/3.18 without patches. Not that somebody could use a new xserver...

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    @pandev92:
                    I had this bug a few months ago and got it fixed. Can't remember how, but I think it was something Vsync/vblank/Tear-Free related.
                    Disable "Sync to V-blank" in CCSM (Compiz config settings manager). Just did it, and it helped me, restores from suspend ok.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
                      Disable "Sync to V-blank" in CCSM (Compiz config settings manager). Just did it, and it helped me, restores from suspend ok.
                      Too early, just got lock-up again.

Comment

Working...
                      X