No announcement yet.

HD 2600 PRO AGP - driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the same private beta as before, but I would like to add a few 6xx AGP users to the beta program; anyone interested please PM me an email address and I can add you to the list.
    Test signature

Comment

• Thnx birdgman, send you a pm.

Also I think its very cool how ATI (...err...I mean AMD :-)) interacts with people.....guess that's the Linux way and I like it!

Comment

• My PM is on it's way

I hope I can be of some help.

Comment

• I doubt I'd be of much help, but I suppose I can try.

PM on the way.

Comment

• Thanks everyone. All of a sudden I have had lots of response (you can tell 'cause my mailbox is full ) so I'll pick through the PMs tomorrow. I don't want to add too many folks to the beta list so I may pick and choose a bit; in general we'll be trying to (a) get a good variety of HW configurations and (b) try to pick people who are comfortable with doing some of the trial-and-error work that makes the beta testing useful. I'll probably need the weekend to get back to everyone -- thanks for all the PMs !
            Test signature

Comment

• if I ask very kindly, would it be possible to have in next release notes a clear statement if drivers are supposed to work on HD2600proAGP or not...

Comment

• We have set up internal projects to track the qualification of each AGP board on the Linux driver; those should feed into the release note generation, so hopefully you should start seeing those messages soon.
                Test signature

Comment

• Haleluia

After installing the new driver release today 8.5 here are my feedback!

Finally I can use my brand new HD2600 Pro AGP card for some Linux gaming

Good frame rate at ultra Quality in doom3 and in Quake war enemy territory!!!

Now I'll just have to check if Compiz and the rest still work.

Thank you to all of you at AMD for finally supporting those card in Linux.

Comment

• Wow! let us know how it goes.

Bridgman, you know anything about this, or stroke of luck?

Comment

• It's alive!!! Alive!!!
                      I also had to use "--resolution=0,1280x1024" in aticonfig to make it work properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X