Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My hd 7850 only runs on llvmpipe CPU renderer but why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    You have other dpkg.log.xyz.gz archived, those should i think go as far as you first had installed your system
    Yeah and you also have /var/log/apt/history.log.xyz(.gz) log files to look at, those should be also archived there
    Last edited by dungeon; 02 December 2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

You have other dpkg.log.xyz.gz archived, those should i think go as far as you first had installed your system
      good point did not know that.

ok this is the full history of the
      /var/log/dpkg.log
      xserver-xorg-video-ati .deb file

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

maybe this "2014-11-02 17:16:33 status not-installed xserver-xorg-video-ati:amd64 <keine>"

Comment

It looks like this same thing happened for you already 6 months ago

2014-04-23 02:19:55 remove xserver-xorg-video-ati:amd64 1:7.3.0-1ubuntu3 <none>

then after one month you have it installed again like today What you used in that month, fglrx maybe...

2014-05-29 19:20:21 install xserver-xorg-video-ati:amd64 <none> 1:7.3.0-1ubuntu3.1

After 5 months you have it removed again:

2014-11-02 17:16:32 remove xserver-xorg-video-ati:amd64 1:7.4.99+git1409110730.56c7fb~gd~t <keine>

and again month after:

2014-12-01 23:36:49 install xserver-xorg-video-ati:amd64 <keine> 1:7.5.99+git1411211348.c9f8f6~gd~u

So assuming this looks like happens during release upgrades you did... something like you had not clean your third party repos (ppas) properly before doing release upgrades... nothing i can say better, but just keep an eye when you do release upgrades .
        Last edited by dungeon; 02 December 2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

It looks like this same thing happened for you already 6 months ago
          you are right i had problems like this 6 month ago.

then after one month you have it installed again like today What you used in that month, fglrx maybe...
          no i did not use the fglrx for more than 4 years now.
          i think it was the same and it used llvmpipe CPU renderer instead.

So assuming this looks like happens during release upgrades you did... something like you had not clean your third party repos (ppas) properly before doing release upgrades... nothing i can say better, but just keep an eye when you do release upgrades .
          sure i think i had 13.10 installed upgraded to 14.04 and then 14.10
          yes thank you for your help.

Comment

OK just remember this for next time, the best is to remove/revert all third party packages before doing release upgrades or just look what that procedure wants to remove and reinstall those after - later can be problematic depending how much third party repos you use especially with packages that overrides existing packages like that ddx, but even with those which does not override anything but depends on some old libs, etc...

But it is doable if you are experienced with apt/dpkg, only problem is: when someone is experienced with those he probably already use ubuntu-next or better Debian Sid .
            Last edited by dungeon; 02 December 2014, 03:54 PM.

Comment

But it is doable if you are experienced with apt/dpkg, only problem is: when someone is experienced with those he probably already use ubuntu-next or better Debian Sid .
              believe it or not i did use Debian SID for more than 4 years in the past. mostly over stuff like: "sidux" but also pure debian...

but back to my SID time 2004-2008 the FGLRX/Catalyst was not a extra it was the only way to get any result out of your graphic card.

and FGLRX+SID is like fire and water...

i wrote maybe 1000 forum posts only point out that catalyst did not work...

Comment

Heh, this has happened to me a couple times in the past, too, lol. I think this happens when the repos/PPAs didn't build some packages (for whatever reason: broken builds, not yet built but building, etc.), so dependencies are messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                  believe it or not i did use Debian SID for more than 4 years in the past. mostly over stuff like: "sidux" but also pure debian...

but back to my SID time 2004-2008 the FGLRX/Catalyst was not a extra it was the only way to get any result out of your graphic card.

and FGLRX+SID is like fire and water...

i wrote maybe 1000 forum posts only point out that catalyst did not work...
                  Those were far better times, nowdays we have everything working ootb ... imagine me without internet at around year 2001. , compiling driver for pci winmodem on prerelased Debian Woody - those were great times
                  Last edited by dungeon; 02 December 2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Those were far better times, nowdays we have everything working ootb ... imagine me without internet at around year 2001. , compiling driver for pci winmodem on prerelased Debian Woody - those were great times
                    no offense but i think you do have a : good old times bias
                    or in Wikipedia speak: Rosy retrospection http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_retrospection

if your post was sarcastic/ironic i am sorry to not get it.

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                    Heh, this has happened to me a couple times in the past, too, lol. I think this happens when the repos/PPAs didn't build some packages (for whatever reason: broken builds, not yet built but building, etc.), so dependencies are messed up.
                    At least this shows i am not the only one.
                    maybe a problem to care of?

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                      no offense but i think you do have a : good old times bias
                      or in Wikipedia speak: Rosy retrospection http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_retrospection

if your post was sarcastic/ironic i am sorry to not get it.
                      He, he that was a joke about past linux times which in many ways better forced people to learn about system

No android, no facebook, no youtube, no ubuntu at that time... now imagine dial-up winmodem on linux
                      Last edited by dungeon; 03 December 2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X