A Future Catalyst Update Will Improve CS:GO's Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    AMD 7850K APU user here. Drivers working perfectly fine.
    Catalyst or open source? My MSI 260x OC (aka HD 7790) runs horribly on the radeon drivers, didn't test Catalyst though.

Comment

steamwebhelper is still buggy. I can't play until it be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
        Catalyst or open source? My MSI 260x OC (aka HD 7790) runs horribly on the radeon drivers, didn't test Catalyst though.
        What seems to be the problem?

Comment

I have the same APU, so I can confirm that closed drivers work without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
            What seems to be the problem?
            Mostly glitches in window decoration. In some apps (Qt) it's completely transparent, and some (gtk) "glitch" to transparency after hovering over the buttons. So kinda weird.
            Also stability is a problem (see https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79862), but it seems to have bettered with a new BIOS by MSI and latest updates...

Also I would not recommend an OCed R7 260x at all, since they are broken by design. (Yes, even on Windows they suck)
            Last edited by Nuc!eoN; 27 September 2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
              I have the same APU, so I can confirm that closed drivers work without problems.
              Same here, no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bibaheu View Post
                CS:GO is quite CPU-demanding, mostly if you play in 128 tick servers.
                Even a cheap quad core AMD APU can reach that -- it's not that demanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                  Catalyst on Windows,
                  Radeon on Fedora 20/21.

I've got more problems on Catalyst, but thats probably because I'm running Beta drivers.
                  All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

amd a8 5600k here, waiting for a good driver that give a good desktop performance, since the start ot the universe

Comment

Valve's source linux port is crap. It uses like 3 times the RAM, and runs better in CSMT wine, anyway. Valve's work is woefully unimpressive, and they've overextended themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X