Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    fglrx 14.50...

I can confirm both 14.40 and 14.50 introduce HSA support and offer OpenCL 2.0 support...
    Have they fixed the OpenCL issue Blender has yet?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      Just a guess: open source HSA implementation probably has higher priory than closed source OpenCL 2.0 implementation.
      That's only released by 1 guy who, to my knowledge, has little to no relation to the Catalyst development team. I get the impression that AMD's departments work pretty independently from each other and have their own set of developers. That being said, catalyst's openCL would/should have been in development parallel to HSA, and the mesa drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        taking into account opencl history in fglrx i would say no and probably this opencl 2.0 implementation is heavily broken except for few common benchmarks and will be slowly fixed in next releases pretty much like they opengl 4 implementation was(still broken but usableish)

Comment

Compiles and runs (about 10 seconds to compile on my system). I haven't followed the blender cycles problem closely enough and only know about the stalling/ excessive memory usage, but both issues seem to be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
            taking into account opencl history in fglrx i would say no and probably this opencl 2.0 implementation is heavily broken except for few common benchmarks and will be slowly fixed in next releases pretty much like they opengl 4 implementation was(still broken but usableish)
            ...iow, you haven't tried the new driver.

Comment

Compiles a lot faster (16 seconds vs 184 seconds) but the render times are the same and it has problems with the latest 2.72 build kernel but it could be a blender bug albeit intel opencl compiles and runs fine with 2.72 too...

Maybe this year we can see cycles working on the Foss Opencl implementation, I doubt it'll ever run correctly on the proprietary one...

Anyway I'll change to another vendor next time, I'm just too tired of waiting for a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post

I can confirm both 14.40 and 14.50 introduce HSA support and offer OpenCL 2.0 support...
                Nice to see HSA and OpenCL 2.0 are there

Comment

For what it's worth, I don't think HSA is in 14.50.

OpenCL 2.0 can make use of some HSA HW features but that's not the same as an HSA software stack.
                  Test signature

Comment

Huh i already think of it like "HSA and OpenCL 2.0 working together of course " Well then, d2kx might explain what he means with "introduce HSA support"

Comment

Originally posted by Sdar View Post
                      Compiles a lot faster (16 seconds vs 184 seconds) but the render times are the same and it has problems with the latest 2.72 build kernel but it could be a blender bug albeit intel opencl compiles and runs fine with 2.72 too...

Maybe this year we can see cycles working on the Foss Opencl implementation, I doubt it'll ever run correctly on the proprietary one...

Anyway I'll change to another vendor next time, I'm just too tired of waiting for a fix.
                      If you follow LLVM you'll know the R600 with the RadeonSI driver using OpenCL with Blender shows the folks at Blender using the Mesa OpenCL Stack need to learn more about LLVM and SSA when dealing with their architecture.

They don't know how LLVM works enough to do the work.

Comment

Working...
                      X