Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Might Run As Well As Catalyst For CS:GO Linux

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Might Run As Well As Catalyst For CS:GO Linux

Yesterday I shared my initial Counter-Strike: Global Offensive benchmarks on Linux while following that have been others using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org to deliver their own results for this latest Valve game to reach Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I disabled adblock for now since i browse phoronix every day and appreciate the articles very much.
    But as soon as annoying pop ups or obtrusivly blinking ad is showing up i will enable it at once

Comment

obviously:
      radeonsi resolution: 1920x1080
      catalyst resolution: 2560x1600

false hopes up: check.

Comment

Nope, same resolution:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by arabek View Post
          obviously:
          radeonsi resolution: 1920x1080
          catalyst resolution: 2560x1600

false hopes up: check.
          The *desktop* resolution was different, but the game automatically switched the resolution to 1920x1080 when started.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I click the Phoronix Flattr button each month, so I'll stay with AdBlock, thank you.

As for the Gallium driver - awesome! This keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Yet same card under Windows gives hundreds of fps at max settings. Conclusion is that atm CS:GO runs like shit on Linux with AMD regardless of drivers (I'm getting less than half of framerate I had under Windows a year ago on 7770 with mesa git and 3.17).

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Might Run As Well As Catalyst For CS:GO Linux

Yesterday I shared my initial Counter-Strike: Global Offensive benchmarks on Linux while following that have been others using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org to deliver their own results for this latest Valve game to reach Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc5NTY
                Timedemo from pts don't show 3d (i cant see what's happening on map, but i can hear shoots and look at fps changes ), only main menu with same message "VAC, insecire, etc". And on radeonsi and intel i have strange gui problem.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                  Yet same card under Windows gives hundreds of fps at max settings. Conclusion is that atm CS:GO runs like shit on Linux with AMD regardless of drivers (I'm getting less than half of framerate I had under Windows a year ago on 7770 with mesa git and 3.17).
                  I understand the frustration, but unless you've got a 120 Hz monitor, anything over 60fps is redundant anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                    The Mesa driver went from 0 to ~60 fps in two years. Give it another two and it should be on par with the Windows one. Sooner if AMD would get off their bum and put more devs on the project for Steam Machines.

Comment

Working...
                    X