Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe best not to bother?

Originally posted by klaus View Post
    I'm having the same problem as above, and yet livna has not build a rpm for fglrx 7.12
    Anybody can help?
    I just tried hacking the .spec file template to include the missing file, and then installed and rebooted, but X totally failed to initialise. All I got was a blank screen on my laptop, and I was forced to use Atl-SysRq-{S,U,B} to reboot. This is as far as Xorg managed to get:
    Code:
    (==) fglrx(0): HPV inactive
    (==) fglrx(0): NoDRI = NO
    (II) Loading sub module "fglrxdrm"
    (II) LoadModule: "fglrxdrm"
    (II) Reloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux//libfglrxdrm.so
    (II) fglrx(0): Depth moves disabled by default
    (==) fglrx(0): Capabilities: 0x00000000
    (==) fglrx(0): CapabilitiesEx: 0x00000000
    (==) fglrx(0): cpuFlags: 0x8000001d
    (==) fglrx(0): OpenGL ClientDriverName: "fglrx_dri.so"
    (**) fglrx(0): ATI GART size: 256 MB
    And yes, I was apparently going to be stuck at 1280x1024 resolution as well, which is utterly unacceptable on a laptop with a native 1680x1050 panel.

Comment

• The amdpcsdb.default was missing from the SPEC file for Fedora, but if you check out the packaging script from http://www.phorogit.com/ it is updated.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Funny, I thought you have been beta tester and Fedora maintainer the same time

Comment

• The RHEL packages fail even worse than this! Can someone tell me wha is supposed to happen to this unpackaged file, please?
          Had the same problem on Fedora 8, quick Google gave a solution:

echo "%_unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0" >> ~/.rpmmacros

And it works

Anyways, I couldn't get the driver to work on Fedora (the PreInitDAL thing) after package installation and in Gentoo I don't have 3D acceleration
          By the way, did you notice that the RadeonHD driver is even faster than fglrx in 2D things, even though it doesn't provide 2D accel? I just noticed that the KDE menu has a fading-in effect if you have a working driver

Comment

• Thanks, but...

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            The amdpcsdb.default was missing from the SPEC file for Fedora, but if you check out the packaging script from http://www.phorogit.com/ it is updated.
            I managed to build the packages after all, but X failed to initialise when I rebooted. See one of my earlier posts for the details. I am currently back to the 7-11 version. (I have a FireGL V5250 in a Thinkpad T60p, BTW.)

Comment

• Originally posted by executor View Post
              hello

i tride ati 7.11 and 7.12 driver, the instal from the .run fil works, but direct redering thos not work.

i have to go back to the defulte ubuntu 7.10 driver then fglrx works
              You need to disable the blacklisting of the kernel module under /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-restricted

Comment

• Anyone has any idea why livna has not published fglrx for catalyst 7.11 & 7.12?

Comment

• A strange thing.

The Catalyst Control Center signal me on the OpenGL version: 1.2 (Mesa), whereas fglrxinfo signal correctly the 2.1.7170 Ati release...and also other tools (ex. Armagetron ).

fglrxinfo output:
                  OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
                  OpenGL renderer string: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
                  OpenGL version string: 2.1.7170 Release

Catalyst Control Center:
                  OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
                  OpenGL renderer string: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
                  OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1)

Is that a problem? Anyone with the same issue?
                  Last edited by subvertigo; 22 December 2007, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Yes subvertigo....i have the same issue

Comment

• Just to say the driver installed flawlessy! Just sudo ./atibalhablahblah, no more modprobes, insmod etc etc
                      Driver load perfectely.

Got the performance from the last drivers and no signs of memory leak.

Thanks for the christmas gift ATI!!

PS: WoW is perfect!

(X1400 Mobility, KUBUNTU 7.10)

Comment

Working...
                      X