AMD Catalyst 7.12 Linux Driver -- The Baby's In Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
    could you post a more exaustive log of what xorg does before getting that error, your xorg.conf device, server and extensions sections and what xorg, xorg-server and arch you're currently using?! the chipset model (r100 ... r600) or the board would also be useful. also would be useful to know which version was the last functioning version before upgrade.
    how have you installed the driver?! ebuild or manual install?!
    i'll test this in some hours and let you know if i encounter problems.
    just mentioning the error without any other information would not be of great use if it hasn't been encountered before or if it hasn't been encountered in the same context as yours.
    I've edited my post with more information.

Comment

AVIVO XV support?

Guys. Can anybody report about XV support for AVIVO chipsets by this driver?
      Thanks!

Comment

My laptop's RS690 (X1250) doesn't work at 1680x1050 anymore either.. ):

Comment

Very happy with this new driver release. I have a dual boot with an ubuntu feisty and a Linux Mint 4.0, and I don't succeed to install it.

First, on the Linux Mint (based on gutsy), a problem with the replacement of compiz-manager ... xdg, and I cannot remove one of the package now.

Second, on the feisty, after running the package creation, I got :
          dh_install -pxorg-driver-fglrx "debian/compiz-manager" "etc/xdg/compiz"
          cp: cannot stat `./debian/compiz-manager': No such file or directory

Thank you ATI for this very nice christmas present. At least, I succeed to install the previous version.

Edit : I have relaunched the download of the installer, maybe mine was rotten.
          Last edited by loloemr; 20 December 2007, 08:27 PM.

Comment

seems like this driver solves alot of my old problems as well, but brings up problems that a few others have already indicated...

using a Radeon X1600 512MB AGP
            - VLC crashes if OpenGL output is used.
            - Lost use of 1680x1050 res, so the display (LCD Widescreen) is all blurry like the inside of a cataract.

otherwise, seems like this driver would be great, but seems like the devs have dropped the ball yet again, as not using my full res , and losing ability to use OpenGL is a big showstopper.

Comment

Originally posted by LavosPhoenix View Post
              seems like this driver solves alot of my old problems as well, but brings up problems that a few others have already indicated...

using a Radeon X1600 512MB AGP
              - VLC crashes if OpenGL output is used.
              - Lost use of 1680x1050 res, so the display (LCD Widescreen) is all blurry like the inside of a cataract.

otherwise, seems like this driver would be great, but seems like the devs have dropped the ball yet again, as not using my full res , and losing ability to use OpenGL is a big showstopper.
              I indicated that of opengl

Comment

I guess hoping for a good driver was just too much.

Running ustunts and exiting it again results in a X server restart, great...

Comment

You HAVE to be kidding. 1680x1050 isn't working? That could explain my problem.

I'm sick of this, it might be time to remove Linux.

Comment

Modelines don't work either. I'm thinking of rolling back to the 7.11s. I mean, these drivers seem to have good performance and much better stability in games (no more segmentation faults in Nexuiz ), but running a 4:3 resolution on a 16:10 monitor can make eyes bleed.

Comment

1680 x 1050 is working for me with an Acer 22" LCD
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X